F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 F150 ecoboost with 20,000 km on it . Yesterday the battery was dead and I had to boost it to start it. Since then fan will not come on so no heat in cabin. I have read the manual and checked the fuses but can't find anything wrong. Are these new vehicles so touchy that boosting the battery to start them is now taboo as well?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Might pull the fuse or negative battery cable for a few minutes to see if that can "reboot" it.

Almost everything is computer driven anymore, and transient spikes could cause damage...

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Did you boost it properly by grounding to the engine?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
As scap99 said, pull the battery for 30 minutes or more. Heater didn't work when I first purchased my Fusion (had an aftermarket remote start installed). All it would do was blow cold air. Pulled the battery for 30 minutes and it fixed it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Try removing neg battery cable for a bit. Check fuse. If that doesn't work, then see if it will work on high only. If it works on high then the resistor is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I will disconnect the battery and try to reset it. The heater switch does not work for any speed setting. It is confusing when a person looks at the fuse layout . I assumed I was looking for a blower fan fuse and not a fan fuse or relay. All the fan fuses were 40 amps and the blower fan has lower amps I think. I'll have to look when I get home .

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ya those fuses sound like they are for the high and low speed cooling fans they should be in the BJB (under hood). The fuse your looking for should be in the SJB (at the right kick panel). 40 amp seems like way to much for the blower motor. On Monday I can give you the exact fuse number and location if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
My truck wont blow hot or cold air. I pulled the fusses and the negative battery cable but still cant figure it out. It worked this morning but now it wont blow at all. Anyone had this problem and know what it might be? 2011 ecoboost

1 - 8 of 8 Posts