F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the mother out to dinner and on the way home passed a bar where a bunch of college kids had parked the sedans in a sand pit...

Never the less, for those who didn't have AAA I pulled out my tow rope, let them hook it up to my approval and pulled three cars out.

They were kind, and incredibly thankful which is all I needed

Made my night! Proud of my boost.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good deal! Nothing better!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Way to represent!

SPPD

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
It seems rare for this kinda deal to workout well anymore.

A buddy of mine tried to help a Dakota out of a muddy ditch and the guy hooked the strap to his rearend. When they tried to get it out I took out the t piece for his rear brake lines and part of his exhaust. Guy tried to sue him! Be careful who you help....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems rare for this kinda deal to workout well anymore.

A buddy of mine tried to help a Dakota out of a muddy ditch and the guy hooked the strap to his rearend. When they tried to get it out I took out the t piece for his rear brake lines and part of his exhaust. Guy tried to sue him! Be careful who you help....

Trust me, I picked the cars I knew I could get out. One angled up with a part to attach my tow rope without lifting up on the bumper.

But yes, I'm happy it all went well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It seems rare for this kinda deal to workout well anymore. A buddy of mine tried to help a Dakota out of a muddy ditch and the guy hooked the strap to his rearend. When they tried to get it out I took out the t piece for his rear brake lines and part of his exhaust. Guy tried to sue him! Be careful who you help....
If you have the right set up, you should be okay.
Tow rope, shackles, a Pintle hitch or shackle block(shown in picture).. Connecting to the frame or hitch or the factory tow points. I would never hook up to someone's axle to pull them out of a situation, especially one where it might take some yanking if there stuck badly enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
It always amazes me when someone gets mad at you for trying to help them out of a bad situation. I have pulled a a few guys out over the years with my 4 x 4s and never had an ungrateful one in the bunch. They always understood whose fault it was they were stuck in the first place. I always had them hook up to the frame, unless it was a someone who knew nothing about cars, under my watchful eye. I have never had a problem. Too bad there are folks out there in the world who do not take responsibility for their actions - it messes it up for those of us who do. Thank the powers that be these type of people are in a vast minority.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Good job man!! My crowning achievment was when I pulled a buddy out of a snow bank in his lifted Chevy on 37s with my 2009 6.4L diesel....it wasn't with my boost, but a Ford anyways haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts