F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could not figure what was different about my new 2013 Platinum Crewcab shortbed. Finally noticed that there were no fender well inserts, why would these be an option and are they needed? Even my old 2002 F150 Lightning had the fender well inserts. If needed, how much and are they easy to install. Thanks for any input. This is a great site with a lot of good information. Best wishes.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Very easy to install. I have them, and recommend them. Not sure where all they are sold. Here is where I bought mine: http://bit.ly/14VMFcF

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the information. Looks like I have my second mod to do. First mod was the beautiful boost bar which arrived yesterday. Suspect it will take a little longer to do second mod. Still not sure why 4x4 truck would not have these as standard. Best wishes and happy labor day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just picked up the Ford OEM Accessory Wheel Well Liners (Part Number: BL3Z-9927886-A) yesterday at my local dealership for about $120 with Sales Tax. I'll let you know how the install goes, my dealerships Parts Manager said that while you can do it without removing the wheels he highly advises removing the wheels for access. Fortunately I have a friend with an automotive repair business so I have access to a lift to make it a bit easier...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a good price compared to Amazon price ($113). Any idea on cost to install by dealer? Should not be labor intensive but....... I am just too old to take off tires! best wishes

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just picked up the Ford OEM Accessory Wheel Well Liners (Part Number: BL3Z-9927886-A) yesterday at my local dealership for about $120 with Sales Tax. I'll let you know how the install goes, my dealerships Parts Manager said that while you can do it without removing the wheels he highly advises removing the wheels for access. Fortunately I have a friend with an automotive repair business so I have access to a lift to make it a bit easier...
Red, do they have the same texture as the front. Kind of felt like?

2013 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 Off-Road ShortBox w/3.73

·
Registered
393 Posts
No. They are hard, smooth plastic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is a good price compared to Amazon price ($113). Any idea on cost to install by dealer? Should not be labor intensive but....... I am just too old to take off tires! best wishes
I was quoted $45.00 for the install...

Red, do they have the same texture as the front. Kind of felt like?
As Hunter73 said they are smooth plastic.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Okay, the wheel well liners are in.... The install was very simple and straight forward once I figured out Ford's pictogram instructions. I guess they save money on Tech Writers with "documentation" like that...:rolleyes:

With the truck on a frame lift there was more than enough suspension sag to allow the installation without removing the wheels. The hardest part was installing the clip at the front as it is very close to the upper shock mount. A hammer's handle worked nicely to pop it on once it was aligned. The liners make a huge difference in the appearance of the truck, now it look "finished" instead of "Is something missing?" ;) Overall they are a good mod that I think improves the looks of the truck and will help keep water and "stuff" from being thrown up clear to the back of the tail lights!

My A.R.E. "Z" Series cap was installed was installed on Wednesday so I'm beginning to see the finished truck...:D All I need now is a IC Grill and a Hood Bug Deflector and I'll stop modding...for a little while anyway. I need some break in mileage before playing with the power any way...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I noticed when I was buying my 13 that some trucks came with felt type front fender wells while others came with hard plastic. I wouldn't doubt it has to do with where it was assembled.

·
Registered
868 Posts
my 13 has a felt like material inner fender on the fronts but in the rear i see metal body when i peer into the wheel well.
can someone post up a pic of this liner for the rear well ?
i dont think i have ever seen one and think it would be a nice addittion since salt spray goes everywhere without any thing to stop it here living in salt land PA

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do any of you already have mudflaps installed? I do and they run up the back of the inside of the fender a bit so I'm wondering if I'll have to do a little modification to get the liners to fit with flaps on?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Do any of you already have mudflaps installed? I do and they run up the back of the inside of the fender a bit so I'm wondering if I'll have to do a little modification to get the liners to fit with flaps on?

Yes, I have Ford mudflaps both front & rear. I have not seen a set of the fender well inserts installed so, I'm not sure if there will be any interference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
image.jpg Here's my install before and after

Attachments

Reactions: bill98065

·
Registered
360 Posts
Planning to get some of these now so thanks for the info guys. Especially noticeable on a white truck since I have a big blob of white in the wheelwell above my rear tires. :(

Surprising they dont make these standard on a 4x4. The front wheelwells have a small rubber flap that covers most of the engine bay opening. It's held on my like 3 clips. Seems like it could be more substantial, but maybe they want a bit of an opening there to let the engine bay breathe a bit..??..

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just order some last Wednesday, they have not arrived yet, but I am excited to get them in. Like mentioned above, there was just the "something missing" feel.

I also saw a post about mudflaps, I just installed the weathertech no drill mudflaps, and they are very well made fit snug, and do their job.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts