F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all the great advice on this forum I have decided to add a Mak off road downpipe with an MPT stage 2 performance 93 street tune. I currently have just an Airaid and SCT canned 93 tune. What kind of gains do y'all figure I'll be getting with these additions? How about low end torque? That's pretty important as I'm not always WOT. Thanks in advance gentlemen

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just going from the canned tune to an mpt tune will net you some pretty serious gains. Not sure on exact numbers but you will definitely be able to tell.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered the DP and going to order the tune tonight. Getting excited! Anyone else have the MPT stage 2 tune?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yea i have the stage 2 tune. Straight beast

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What mods do ya have and how daily drivable it it? Thanks!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright fellas I need a little pep talk though, are y'all sure I'm not going to be over stressing the engine and such with the added hp and tq? I'm excited as a fat kid at lunch but still am a bit worried?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Alright fellas I need a little pep talk though, are y'all sure I'm not going to be over stressing the engine and such with the added hp and tq? I'm excited as a fat kid at lunch but still am a bit worried?
These motors can handle way more than you think as long as the tune is safe.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Not to hijack OP....quick stupid question. I'm really wanting the diesel sound with the turbos coming from the exhaust, so would DPs give me that with stock exhaust. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I think they would from the youtube videos I've watched. Still to new to these trucks to know the answer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just a drop in filter and the mak catless dp. It is very daily driveable. I have both race and street trans settings and I love them both. I can't tell a huge difference in the two. At first I thought it was kinda touchy but I got used to it fast and now I love it. I wouldn't worry just be sure to log it and I wouldn't just hammer it everywhere you went until they get back with you.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Not to hijack OP....quick stupid question. I'm really wanting the diesel sound with the turbos coming from the exhaust, so would DPs give me that with stock exhaust. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I think they would from the youtube videos I've watched. Still to new to these trucks to know the answer.
You want the woo woooo!
Catless DP and straight pipes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Btrow - shoot me a msg sometime and we can meet up so you can hear what my truck sounds like. I have the Mak Catless Y pipe with stock resonator & Muffler - super quiet with no pissed off ricer sounds

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Perfect tooloud!! Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
No problem !

·
Registered
165 Posts
Btrow - shoot me a msg sometime and we can meet up so you can hear what my truck sounds like. I have the Mak Catless Y pipe with stock resonator & Muffler - super quiet with no pissed off ricer sounds
I like this combo as well. The turbos are more audible, the note is a bit more throaty, but other than that it's very tame and stock sounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the Stainless Werks catted downpipe, exhaust, drop-in filter, and 91 performance tune from 5-star. I love the sound and the truck is my daily driver 60 miles a day to and from work. Definitely highway worthy and I get better gas mileage than before, too. Check out my thread for some videos.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts