F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I hope y'all have been well! Wifey has finally OK'ed a leveling kit from a local tire shop for Christmas! 2.5" is what I'm considering.

I'm just wondering what size tires I can fit on the stock 18" rim. I currently have the Goodyear Wrangler 275/65R18. Other than that I am completely lost. I want a nice sized tire to fill out the wheel well, but I want zero rubbing issues. I do some dry trail rides, a little mudding, and some beach runs. I only have 15,000 miles on the truck and tires since buying it January 2014.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone! I hope y'all have been well! Wifey has finally OK'ed a leveling kit from a local tire shop for Christmas! 2.5" is what I'm considering.

I'm just wondering what size tires I can fit on the stock 18" rim. I currently have the Goodyear Wrangler 275/65R18. Other than that I am completely lost. I want a nice sized tire to fill out the wheel well, but I want zero rubbing issues. I do some dry trail rides, a little mudding, and some beach runs. I only have 15,000 miles on the truck and tires since buying it January 2014.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
You can run up to a 35x11.5 with 0 chance of rubbing. Some guys report rubbing with 35x12-12.2 (295-305 width) and the majority reports rubbing at full lock or off roading with true 35x12.5. I'm sure someone with 35x12.5s will say, "hey I don't rub!" They are the lucky few. I went with a 34.5x11.5. No rubbing with turns or offroad.

A 285x65x18 (33") or a 305x65x18 (34") would look great on a leveled 4x4. You should have no rubbing using the stock wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.