F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pics. Got the bags in yesterday and they seem to be doing good. Haven't had a load in yet but filled them up to 70 psi for a leak check and the compressor only cycled once for 2-3 seconds in 30 mins. Everything is mounted under the back seat b/c I wanted to keep it dry.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ehh, it is loud. Scares you when it cycles and you aren't ready for it. But it isn't on much so it doesn't bug me.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do those compressors get very hot? I am guessing not enough to do any damage, but am just curious.

2013 FX4 Ecoboost, Sterling Gray, 3.55 gears, Rhino Liner, Bed Extender, stock everything else....for now....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks like a nice job by the way!

2013 FX4 Ecoboost, Sterling Gray, 3.55 gears, Rhino Liner, Bed Extender, stock everything else....for now....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it got hot pumping it up to 15, back to 5 then to 70, but I could still touch it without it burning me. Just made a trip to Tahoe and it cycled a bit on the way here with the changing altitude. I did see your post earlier, didn't know them made ones with springs on the inside so you could run them flat. Hope I don't run into needing that!lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
How big of a pain are these to install?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They were not bad. The bags and air tubing were real simple, the pump more difficult but not hard. The hardest part was figuring out where to mount it and where to get the power from. I think volforlife said you can tap power off the trailer wiring. I would have gone with that if I knew. Would have been easier, would have just ran the power through the hole the airlines went through.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
How big of a pain are these to install?
10-4. Pretty easy. Also, Ross has the heavy duty compressor. If you don't use them all the time (changing pressure) several times per week, you can get away with the Wireless One, which is a small square (plastic) compressor with a wireless remote. Here's mine, mounted under bed and wired into the trailer wiring....never went near the cab or engine bay.

2014-02-01 12.44.34.jpg

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I have the same compressor as the OP, mounted under the frame on passenger side, in a metal .50 cal ammo box rhino lined, and mounted using isloating rubber spacers. I can still hear it kick on when it first starts to adjust the air back to my settings, and I would think that would be horrible in cab.

Mounting these kits are not too bad, I took my time and routed the lines through the frame rails so they had extra protection. Longest part was coming up with the ammo box mount, getting everything to fit inside, and wiring to look clean.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it actually not all that loud with the seat down. It turned on yesterday for a second or two and I actually thought my phone went off and not the compressor. If the seat is up it is loud. Good idea with that ammo can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What part number bags did you order? Airride brand?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Looks good, I may have to invest in these when/if we buy a camper. I'd probably go with the wireless myself since I wouldn't need to adjust them much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts