F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1704 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOOOOKKKKKKK....

Against my own skepticism, I'm going to see if we can have a thread about firearms without political debate.

SO....if you want to debate gun control (either side of the debate), magazine capacity, The Second Amendment, or if you just don't like guns period....then please post your opinions somewhere else. I said PLEASE nicely!!
:D

Now....if you like guns, want a gun, wanna show off your gun(s), wanna get an opinion on a gun you want, etc., ....please do post here!

These are my two youngest at the indoor range.....

2013-08-11 14.44.12.jpg
2013-08-11 14.30.58.jpg

PS...they can both shoot a pedophile's balls off at 15 yards with no problem....:cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
314 Posts
OOOOOKKKKKKK....

Against my own skepticism, I'm going to see if we can have a thread about firearms without political debate.

SO....if you want to debate gun control (either side of the debate), magazine capacity, The Second Amendment, or if you just don't like guns period....then please post your opinions somewhere else. I said PLEASE nicely!!
:D

Now....if you like guns, want a gun, wanna show off your gun(s), wanna get an opinion on a gun you want, etc., ....please do post here!

These are my two youngest at the indoor range.....

View attachment 8159
View attachment 8160

PS...they can both shoot a pedophile's balls off at 15 yards with no problem....:cool:
Great! My daughter just loves to go t the gun range!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I'm gonna get my first handgun soon. Any suggestions? I kind of want it to be a range gun and home defense worthy. I'm told a .45 because it's slow and won't go through the walls and kill the neighbor if I miss... any truth to that?

I already have a mossberg 12 ga

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It will depend more on the round you use not the cal. Fmj rounds like you use at the range will penetrate more where home defense rounds will not. Best advice I would give for a new gun is to find a full frame dual stack mag design, and try multiple brands to see how it fits in your hand.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Ok. I want a 1911 real bad because it looks like a piece of art imo. I also really want a 92fs

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm gonna get my first handgun soon. Any suggestions? I kind of want it to be a range gun and home defense worthy. I'm told a .45 because it's slow and won't go through the walls and kill the neighbor if I miss... any truth to that?

I already have a mossberg 12 ga
LOL...well.....my most favorite guns to shoot at the range are my 1911's....(.45 ACP)....however, I don't know that I would recommend that as a "keep ready" gun at your house for a novice, especially now that you have a kid...

Go to a good gun store and touch and feel...see what you like....there are lots of ranges that have loaner or rental guns that you can try too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
LOL...well.....my most favorite guns to shoot at the range are my 1911's....(.45 ACP)....however, I don't know that I would recommend that as a "keep ready" gun at your house for a novice, especially now that you have a kid... Go to a good gun store and touch and feel...see what you like....there are lots of ranges that have loaner or rental guns that you can try too.
Because of the recoil?

I thought that too. Especially because even if I get competent with it, I think it would be a little big for wifey. Maybe a .38?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because of the recoil?

I thought that too. Especially because even if I get competent with it, I think it would be a little big for wifey. Maybe a .38?
Recoil isn't so bad with a good 1911 and a semi-tame load....but I personally don't recommend single action semi-auto pistols to any new handgun owner as a keep ready at the house gun. And you're right, they are usually a little on the big and heavy side for most women. I would look at some of the light weight concealed (or chopped) hammer .38 Spcls, or maybe a 3" barrel just so it will be easier for your wife to share it and hit something.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Owned and carried a Beretta 96 (.40 cal.) for some time. Sold it several years ago. Now in the market for a new 92FS and will soon be a buyer. 9mm ammo is lots cheaper than .40 cal. and that is a big consideration these days.
Very good point. To get proficient, you need to put a lot of ammo down range practicing...and 9mm is typically easier to find and cheaper. Also...don't overlook a good .22 cal target pistol (revolver or semi-auto) for just getting in time at the range without going broke!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Here I find .40 for the same price as 9mm. And at least you can find it unlike 22 ammo, yes its cheaper but almost impossible to find.

I am a big fan of .40, it recoils like 9mm but leaves a big hole like a 45.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393282081.574709.jpg

I try and keep a couple thousand rounds of each caliber I own, I still seem to go through the most .40.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 1704 Posts