F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1690 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I went through 2 decades in my life where if it’s bigger it must be better. I bought several .40’s and loved them. That said, these days I’d simply rather shoot the 9mm over the .40. I still like having the .40’s but they don’t get a lot of rounds down the pipe anymore. Same is true with revolvers. I love .44 Magnum’s in both S&W and Ruger but I’ll grab a .357 Smith and Wesson and put .38’s in it most every time I shoot a revolver. I shoot a Glock 19 most often as a pistol and really like it. It’s not got all that many Glock parts in it anymore but it’s a great shooter. When I go shoot rifles I always take the G19 along and put a couple of magazines through it.

I’m anxious to hear how you like the Canik and then tell me how to pronounce it. ;)

Just looked at it on the site you mentioned. How the heck can you go wrong at that price? Ya’ did good.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have 3 caniks, love them. Sfx, tp9v2 and tp9 elite. Great budget guns, accurate, decent trigger, growing aftermarket. Galloway has some spring and trigger kits, mag extensions and a recoil guide for them.

My dad has my eliet right now, but here is the sfx and tp9v2

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have 3 caniks, love them. Sfx, tp9v2 and tp9 elite. Great budget guns, accurate, decent trigger, growing aftermarket. Galloway has some spring and trigger kits, mag extensions and a recoil guide for them.

The sfx looks like it has the upgraded red dot. The Caniks get a lot of good reviews for a solid price.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts

The sfx looks like it has the upgraded red dot. The Caniks get a lot of good reviews for a solid price.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
That's the vortex viper it came with. Takes a bit to get used to shooting with a dot lol.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just can't wrap my head around pistols that don't have exposed hammers. All my semi-autos have exposed hammers, but the pistol I like shooting the best is my S&W Governor. That thing is a hoot to fire, first with .45 ACP rounds, change the target, then shred it with some .410 defense rounds...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love .44 Magnum’s in both S&W and Ruger but I’ll grab a .357 Smith and Wesson and put .38’s in it most every time I shoot a revolver.
Re. Smith and Wesson, agreed! I love my .357, and also picked up this HK a while back and have nothing but good things to say about it: https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9-sk/ Not too much recoil, the sights are great, and it came with two extra clips plus grip panels. For every day carry, I chose a Ruger LCP. Not the most fun to shoot, but it conceals easily and is pretty reliable.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Heck, I guess that means you need a button/lever/switch type safety too? :) ;) :)
Correctamundo! One of my favorite semi-autos is a 1911 - can have a round in the chamber, thumb safety off, but if the grip safety isn't engaged, it won't fire. 'Course the Governor doesn't have any safeties, so I rarely carry that one. But exposed hammer and safety selectors for me! This is my conceal carry...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I picked up a new/ used toy today from a friend of a friend. Good shape and great price, only real blemish is the slide release. Just a 92fs but Im a fan of these too, can’t go wrong imo

HOOO blow thee whistle.....you cant have more than 10 rds per feinstain and her croonies laws.............

·
Registered
362 Posts
HOOO blow thee whistle.....you cant have more than 10 rds per feinstain and her croonies laws.............
You're right, I almost forgot... I got the magazines a few weeks ago when us Cali 'subjects' were allowed to, and received the firearm with no magazines. Good thing I happened to pick up a few standard capacity Beretta mags, even though I didn't own or have plans for one.

I might go fishing with a magnet for a few AR mags I lost at sea, now that I can legally own them again.

In case you're lost...
From what I'd read and remember, there were a few instances where women attempted to defend their lives and homes with 10 rounds or less but sadly were unsuccessful. There was another instance where the woman had a standard capacity magazine with more than 10 rounds, which was unlawful but she lived. So right before April fools day, Judge Benitez ruled our 10 round cap unconstitutional and allowed us to purchase and acquire standard and even 'high' capacity mags. A week later he put a stay on his own motion, so that he could control the terms of the stay. Part of his terms were any mags legally obtained in that week or so could be kept without fear of prosecution. Hooray a smidgen of a glimpse of freedom... for a week lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ooo good timing. I've been thinking about grips and cerakote color options. Sounds like a pretty cool job, I've always liked the Berettas. I've grown up around many types/ calibers/ sizes/ shapes of guns and they just feel so smooth and shhhhhhk
Indeed a great weapon, here is my keep sake Beretta. No idea why my pic is upside down till you click on it, weird.
] fffff.jpg

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just got this beauty...AR15 upper with a 10.5" barrel, full Pic rail up top, m-lok on the other three sides, pistol lower with stabilization brace at the back, so it's not considered a "short barrel rifle". Flip-up sights, with a 1x20 Sig red dot co-witness optic. Need to get a tactical light and single point bungee sling, and get it out to the range. Figured I'd better get one while I still can...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I am not a handgun guy at all! I prefer long guns and recently started "accurizing" everything I have in the safe.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have (from smallest caliber) 22LR in a ruger 10-22 that I haven't played with much, just bought it because everyone should have at least one 10-22.

Diamondback AR15 that I did some trigger work too

Tikka T3 in a .243 that is in molested and shoots MOA all day long on factory

Remington CDL 25-06 that I glass bedded the action and bottom metal and put in pillars and set the trigger to 2.75 lbs. It shot 1.5 MOA before the work and now shoots sub MOA on reloads.

Kimber 84L .270 that is unmolested and shoots ok but is very light and packable

Custom built 7mm Rem Mag based on a Weatherby MKV action with a Brux 1 in 8.5 twist barrel. Trigger set down to 2.25 lbs, glass bedded action, free floated barrel aluminum action screw pillars and an SSG v-port brake. Custom sized chamber to accept heavier bullets pulled out of the case a bit more so I can get more powder in it.

TC Icon Ultra Wood in .308 that shoots very nicely on reloads

Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 that has trigger work and glass bedding of the action and bottom metal as well as pillars. It shot nice but I need to work up a load after I get my 7mm back from the gunsmith

Browning BAR in 300 Winchester Mag that was my dads when we started hunting together

TC Omega 50 cal muzzle loader

2 Beretta AL391 12 guage shotguns

Stevens SxS 12 ga

Winchester pre '64 .410

Sig Sauer 9mm

XD .40

S&W A-22

Walther 22

I am running out of room so I started making the ones I have better/more accurate. Reloading helps but having the after market tubes put on makes a rifle a freak! Not too expensive but they turn into absolute hammers. I am on my third barrel on the 7mm and the old barrel would shout 2.5 to 3" groups at 500 yards all day long! There is a reason no one will invade ND! LOL!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
This is a Polymer80 lower. First 80% pistol I’ve tried. My son and I have each built one. I’ve been acquiring parts over the past several months but it is now complete. It has 0% Glock parts in it, including the magazines (South Korean military). Hope to shoot it on Saturday.

05716A0B-7E0D-4BC0-BD20-D45DEA5AC6FF.jpeg

1661 - 1680 of 1690 Posts
About this Discussion
1.7K Replies
166 Participants
R0bCincy
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing