F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1681 - 1690 of 1690 Posts

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
This is a Polymer80 lower. First 80% pistol I’ve tried. My son and I have each built one. I’ve been acquiring parts over the past several months but it is now complete. It has 0% Glock parts in it, including the magazines (South Korean military). Hope to shoot it on Saturday.
I'm finishing my G17 Polymer 80 build, waiting on my trigger. That said, what trigger did you go with there?

I'm using a Glock slide, barrel and trigger to start. Basically all Glock except the Polymer 80 frame. Testing the waters with this set up.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I'm finishing my G17 Polymer 80 build, waiting on my trigger. That said, what trigger did you go with there?

I'm using a Glock slide, barrel and trigger to start. Basically all Glock except the Polymer 80 frame. Testing the waters with this set up.
It’s the Lone Wolf Ultimate Adjustable Trigger. You can buy this with or without the trigger bar and it’s adjustable for both take up and over travel. I used a Ghost 3.5 lb. connecter designed to remove the wall and Wolff spring kit. This trigger Is just a steady smooth pull and breaks at just over 3 lbs. It doesn’t feel like a Glock at all. I’d use this trigger again, in fact I intend to do just that. I have another “19” underway.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
That's great to hear and thank you. And I was wrong, I have the Swenson slide. I just ordered a UAT from Lonewolf. I have the OEM trigger assembly on order but it's been back ordered for more than a month. I had spoke with a LW rep, and the were telling me of trouble with the connector fitting in some P80 frames. I'm hoping for the best with it but I have confidence it will work out soon. Ended up buying a few other upgrades as well. I'll share when the build is done.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I’m not sure what kind of problems Lone Wolf has with their connector. Seems like they’re pretty much same-same from one brand to the next in physical size, slight variances in contact geometry. The trigger bars changed slightly from Gen 3’s to Gen 4’s but I have now installed one of each of the trigger bars. I also put Gen 4 connectors in both pistols. We’ll see how both of them run tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well, I had a chance to go shoot these two new pistols today. I would like to tell you that everything went without a hitch but that would be lying. My sons Polymer80/19 ran like a Swiss watch. My P80/17 however had problems with both light strikes and short stroking using the cheap ammo I used today. Light strikes are not totally unexpected as even Wolff makes it clear this is a potential outcome when using it’s lighter striker springs and cheap ammo (I have several heavier striker springs). The short stroke is a little more of a mystery as I’m running a 17# guide rod spring which is what a G17 is supposed to run. It may however need a 15# guide rod spring.

Like a dummy, I didn’t take the heavier spring to the range to make the swap for the striker and wasn’t expecting to make a guide rod spring change. This all said, had I been shooting a premium ammo the pistol may not have had any issues. I was shooting some cheap plinking ammo with 115 grain bullets and hard primers.

I obviously need to make another range trip with some premium ammo using a 124 grain bullet and a couple of springs that I can exchange. Should the pistol perform using only a quality cartridge I may be wiling to leave things just as they are and shoot a premium ammo. I really like the feel of the trigger with the existing spring. Not that I’d recommend this, in the real world these pistols should be able to eat anything you feed them. Both guns were easy to shoot and no issues hitting targets. I very much like the feel of the P80’s with their more traditional 1911 angled grip and the stippled texture.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok I need the wisdom of the boost gurus, I want a new handgun. Personally I really like steel framed handguns. Groing up shooting a 1911 means (My dads service pistol) love the things BUT I shoot left handed and have trouble with the slide/release and the beavertail safety.
I recently shot the Sig Sauer P226 and got to say I love it. I am considering either the P226 or P229 select. Both of these have the short reset trigger but are less expensive than the legion models. Where I am looking for a general purpose pistol do yall have any others you would recommend? Any real experience with the 226 or its smaller brother the 229?

Pic for attention: LMT CQB16 with the monolitic upper system a geissele SS-A trigger, full ambi controls, and a leupold 3x9 scope. I am thinking about switching to a 1x6 one

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Just to report back. The Polymer80 I’ve been talking about in my last few posts went back to the range today with a different guide rod and spring, same spring rate. It shot very well not a problem to be found. In fact in may be as easy as any semi I own to put on target. My son said the same. It was a real pleasure to shoot.

I’m going to drop Lone Wolf a line and see if they have anything to say about their guide rod and spring, it was the problem. As I mentioned, it felt a little rougher when racking the slide than the NDZ setup from the get go. I actually ended up using the Lone Wolf setup instead of the NDZ because the screw in the end of the rod was silver and matched the gun. Goes to show you looks ain’t everything. ;) I wrongly assumed it would smooth out after a few rounds down the pipe. The NDZ rod and spring setup worked just as I would have expected.

I also took some “better” ammo with a heavier bullets and softer primers. They worked great but the cartridges weren’t really the problem, I also put some of the cheaper stuff that I thought might be a problem on Saturday through it. The cheap stuff also shot just fine and I didn’t even change the striker spring. I really like the trigger as was and didn’t want to change the feel with a different striker spring. Ended up shooting 3 different kinds of ammo through it without a problem. This pistol is a keeper and one I will shoot often.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Did any see this PSA deal? Great price if you are piecing one together.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yup...just got one of those PSA AR-15 pistol lowers a week or two ago, with a Bear Creek Arsenal AR-15 upper with a 10.5" barrel...both pieces were under $400...added a set of Magpul flip-down sights and a 1x20 Sig optic...zeroed the sights and optic with a laser bore sight, haven't taken it to the range yet though...if I can get good 2" groups at 100 yards, I'll be happy...

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Has anyone completed an 80% lower? I am trying to figure out which jig I want to buy to crank one out.

1681 - 1690 of 1690 Posts
About this Discussion
1.7K Replies
166 Participants
R0bCincy
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing