F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1762 Posts

·
Super Modistrator
2,051 Posts

I made the finished stock years ago. I had a couple of extra blanks laying around and my friend ask me if I would make him one that was exactly like the first one. It’s tougher than you might think.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Sits at the back door because it's all that is legal... Welcome to Canada.

This is our keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder toy lol!

I miss playing with my guns haven't taken one out since November deer hunt!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think I’m going to give the 80% 1911’s a shot next. I don’t need another .45 ACP but doing a 1911 in .38 Super interests me. Don’t need anymore 9mm’s but could also do a .40 in a 1911. The initial invest for equipment is a little higher on the 1911’s but they sure look fun.
How about a 10mm?

·
Super Modistrator
2,051 Posts
Thought about it and I think it would be cool but now that the P80 shown earlier in the thread is finished, I have a 10mm. It’s my first in that caliber. I’m reasonably sure it won’t be something I love shooting (arthritic hands).

I’m a wuss and 9mm has become my round of choice. I still love revolvers but I don’t like to shoot my .357 Magnums or .44 Magnums these days and they used to be my favorites. If I pull those guns out now I shoot either .38 Specials or .44 Specials in them. Desert Eagle is a different story, it’s heavy but it is so smooth, very little recoil with a spring kit in it. Got a .50 BMG that falls into that category too. You think it would be brutal but the monsterous muzzle brake and superb recoil pad makes it feel like a 12 guage.

That said, I think I’d like to say I own a .38 Super and it’s kind of where my head is taking me in building a 1911. John Moses would probably roll over in his grave if he were to hear such sacrilege. 100 plus years later 1911’s are still a superbly designed sidearm. There is just something about them...

1741 - 1760 of 1762 Posts