F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got my Ecoboost the other day is a 2013 F150 Limited and so far I love it. I'm currently at Fort Drum, NY I'm a truck mechanic in the Army. Going to start modding my truck soon mostly going to start with a tuner from 5star just having decided with one to go with leaning towards the Ngauge or BDX. I'll take any tips of advice I'm always looking to see what others do to get ideas for my own build. Hope everyone is have great weekend and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
272 Posts
A good tune is definitely the best first step and 5star is a good place to start.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I would get a SCT X4 through Gearhead tuning and stay with the auto octane tune. Solid tune whether you have good gas or crap (winter) gas.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the reason to go with Gearhead vs 5star the auto octane tune? Can't custom tunes be put on the tuner regardless of who they are bought from?

·
Administrator
11,323 Posts
Is the reason to go with Gearhead vs 5star the auto octane tune? Can't custom tunes be put on the tuner regardless of who they are bought from?
5* has an adaptive tune also, as well as Brew City Boost. After trying all 3 the adaptive tune I keep on my device is 5*.

And yessir, custom tunes can be put on the tuner from anyone, regardless of where you bought the device, with the exception of buying warranty tunes from 5*. Then the device will be locked and will not load other tunes.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Welcome fellow booster....

Answer for me was, I tried 5* and BCB..... All after I had GH.... Went back to GH for many reasons.... It is all personal preference as they are all good in their own right, but GH to me was the most balanced and best.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
You'll be very happy with 5 star and as mentioned they also offer an Adaptive octane tune.
Just make sure to log your tune/s and ask for any changes you'd like.
I've tried most of the reputable tuning companies in the past 6 years with two different EcoBoost trucks and 5 Star is by far my favorite all around. Pretty much anything you like about other tunes they can duplicate and improve, you just have to communicate and datalog.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
They also tune more vehicles them pretty much all the tuners combined

Reactions: Tdog02

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
You'll be very happy with 5 star and as mentioned they also offer an Adaptive octane tune.
Just make sure to log your tune/s and ask for any changes you'd like.
I've tried most of the reputable tuning companies in the past 6 years with two different EcoBoost trucks and 5 Star is by far my favorite all around. Pretty much anything you like about other tunes they can duplicate and improve, you just have to communicate and datalog.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
They also tune more vehicles them pretty much all the tuners combined
O have you?

transmitted via iPhone 7 in Jet Black using Tapatalk the app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts