F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we towed my wife's 1974 IH Scout II to Lima OH for the Red Power Round Up. I was very pleased how the EcoBoost towed the Scout.

Towing at 70 mph on the interstate with out any issue. Night and day compared to my 07 5.4. We got an avg. of 12.5 mpg on the trip. And I never held back for better MPG. Up and down the hills from West KY up I-71 until the road flatened out on the other side of Cinci.

The torque shift tranny and the Ford installed trailer brake worked to perfection! We were going 70 down I-71 on our way home and had to make a panic stop due to a semi and car braking for a FRESH pair of blown truck tires in the road.

The trailer stayed straight as an arrow. I did not push the truck or act like a anchor durring the stop! In fact I was almost rear ended by a 2500 Dodge that almost didn't get stopped!

Ford did their homework with this combo for the job!

Mine is a 13 FX4 SuperCrew 6.5' bed w/3.73 ratio.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
markf
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing