F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get the first one out of the way.

Just wanting to get user info on the Ecoboost in order to see if it might be right for me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome to the site! What info are you looking for? There are allot of ppl on here that know allot about our trucks and are willing to help you any way they can

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Ask away, questions are answered for free.:)

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Ask away, questions are answered for free.:)
Speak for yourself Wayne. I charge for my knowledge ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Stop wasting time and just buy one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick welcomes. I know the Ecoboost is polarizing (a real love/hate deal) as I have stated on the F150 Forum but I'm getting the itch for a new truck and I don't want to duplicate what I have and the Limited gives me the basically the same truck with a new exterior look. The only thing is the Ecoboost and I just want to be able to make an intelligent decision about it.

I do tow some, open car trailer for my cars, but it wouldn't max out the wheel and tire combo and I could always swap on some 18 or 20's to get the load rating back up when towing. I just want to make sure I would regret the engine, gearing, 4X4 combo of the Limited.

So I will be pokin' around to see what I can dig up.

·
Registered
943 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

There are quite a few of us that were on the fence with the EcoBeast Engine. Go and test drive a 5.0 and EcoBeast and that should answer all your question.

If you are still on the fence do a search on youtube for the Mike Rowe F150 Ecoboost torture challenge. Watch all 7 or 10 of the videos and you should no longer doubt this amazing engine.

Then finally choose what you like, because after all is said and done it's gonna be your truck and you should love what you drive.

Ask all the questions you need and we are all willing to help you out.

Regards,

SPPD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts