F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went over a 1200 miles or so on my new to me F150 . 2011 Platinum . So far I've been impressed with the ride quality and the power. Love all the options on the Platinum package . First truck with a luxury package as i usually get the plain jane models of whatever i drive and keep the new fangled stuff in the wife's car. Loving the large back up camera and don't see going to a truck without one for sure and the added room over my old truck is great.
As for gas mileage which was a factor in getting the 3.5, I'm averaging exactly 1 gallon more per mile than my 10 year old Ram with a 4.7 V8. Averaging 15 mpg. Best i did was a 125 mile trip that was mostly highway and 20 miles interstate and got 16.7 mpg. Didn't expect 19 or 20 for a daily average but i was hoping for around a 17 mpg avg.
So for now I'll call it a good truck that could be better and hold out hope for the new models coming from Ford and others.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The more you set the cruise control the better your gas mileage will get. Keeping it at a speed that you don't have to keep braking and reaccelerating to maintain is critical in obtaining top fuel economy as well. Its going to give its best economy at speeds under 70mph. I get decent fuel economy at 70mph (18-19mpg sometimes 20) but its gets much better with a slight decrease in speed.

Enjoy it and post some pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts