F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess since I've been having some questions about things to upgrade / add to my truck, thought this would be a great first place to start.
First truck - 85 F100 Single cab XL V8
Second truck - 2006 F150 single cab XL V6
Third truck - 2008 F150 Supercrew XLT V8
Forth truck - 2013 F150 Supercrew XLT V6 ecoboost 3.5
Fifth truck - 2016 F150 Supercrew XLT FX4 V6 2.7

Most of my trucks have had audio upgrades but never added anything to them performance wise. That has since changed with the 2016 F150 I own. Thus far I've added Roush Cold Air Intake(Roush 421981 F-150 Cold Air Intake EcoBoost 2.7L/3.5L 2015-16) and today I should get my Unleashed Tuning SCT X4(SCT X4 Power Flash Programmer - Unleashed Tuning) which I was also able to get 2 extra tunes for free. Went to a local shop(Custom Sounds) for some tint. 30% in the front and 5% on the rears.

Few Questions:

This being my first tuner/programmer, other then the loading the tune onto the truck, is that really it or am I to give the tuner some datalog(as I come to read it)?

What are y'all thoughts on adding an exhaust to a 2.7L V6 TT? Honestly do not like the sound of exhausts on V6s. Stock exhaust sounds fine but weighing the benefits of an aftermarket exhaust while hating the sound vs stock exhaust and fairly decent sound. Thinking of a HeartThrob Exhaust.

Also thinking of lifting shortly, we do have property and occasionally go to the river so a lift would help a bit. My question is, with a FX4 package, would I gain/lose anything while doing a 6 inch lift other then mileage? Looking at Zone Lift with 35s. Not sure exactly on which tires but wheels, I've been eyeballing Anthems A722 Enforcer(https://shop.anthemwheels.com/collections/anthem-goodness/products/a722-enforcer).

I'm not always going offroad mostly HW miles but really like the more aggressive look. I am also looking at a suspension lift over a leveling kit due to reading more negative on leveling kits compared to suspension lifts. Any thoughts?

The suspension installer mentioned that it isnt needed to upgrade my gears but it does help on performance and MPG. Any thoughts on this? An Extra $2500.00 which is why I am thinking leveling.

Sorry for rambling. Glad to be here and learn, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Regards -

2016F150.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
welcome. happy boosting

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very nice truck!

From what I've read on tuners (especially the SCT X4) is that they are a plug-and-play type device. It will store a backup of the original truck tune and then you pick which new tune you want it to install. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Let me know how the SCT works for you as I am considering one for my truck as well!

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
I should get my Unleashed Tuning SCT X4(SCT X4 Power Flash Programmer - Unleashed Tuning) which I was also able to get 2 extra tunes for free.

Few Questions:

This being my first tuner/programmer, other then the loading the tune onto the truck, is that really it or am I to give the tuner some datalog(as I come to read it)?
This question requires a multi-faceted answer. Stick with me. LOL
1. You can load the "canned" tunes that come from SCT, already loaded onto the device and it will increase your performance a bit. But these are generic files for your engine type, not your individual truck.
2. You can load one of your custom Unleashed tunes that are a bit more specific and performance related to the type of tune (performance, tow, 87, 89, 91, 93, etc.), but these are still on a semi-generic set of parameters (but way better than canned tunes).
3. You can load one of your custom tunes, data-log, and send the logs to Unleashed to receive revisions that will tune YOUR truck to YOUR tastes and preferences. Every truck acts a little bit different and every driver does too. Data-logging and revising your tune is anything but generic and the best option, of the three choices, for ensuring that you get your truck "dialed-in" to the way you like it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you've got some plans indeed. Enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts