F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Name is Kile. I live in Alberta, Canada but I am from South Africa.

My vehicle history includes:
South Africa:
Honda NXR125, then
Honda CBX250 and '93 Ballade (Civic Sedan) 160i then
Canada:
Currently '92 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 and '02 Subaru Impreza WRX

On order I have a Sterling Grey F-150 SuperCab XLT 4x4 EcoBoost with the 301A group (convenience package + tow package); Off-Road package; XTR package; and Trailer brake controller.

This is my first new vehicle that I am purchasing because I am fed up with dealing with beaters and have the money to purchase it now being an Alberta Oil Rig Pig.

Purchased the Ecoboost because it is a very versatile and efficient engine, but the main draw was the fact that it is as tunable as my WRX.
On my WRX I have a Cobb Tuning AccessPort flash tuner, Cone filter intake with heatshield, and 3" decatted downpipe; CCS bar type Intercooler; Forge motorsport recirculating BOV; HKS 3" turbo back exhaust; EBC slotted brake discs and GreenStuff brake pads; Unknown braided brake lines; and I had Whiteline anti-roll bars on order until I put in the Ecoboost order.

My plans for the Ecoboost is to go the Full Race/Stage 3 Motorsports route but my general build specs will include:
Flash tuner (have not decided, suggestions/testimony would be appreciated)
Full Race Intercooler and mechanical BOV (Tial)
Full Race 3" Cat-Back exhaust
Afe twin intake
4/6 pot brake callipers, discs, braided lines (not decided yet)
20" rims with 275/60R20 AT tires
ICON upper wishbones and coilovers or Fox Suspension
Off-road bumper with winch
And will be added to as I have researched/thought of/been brought to my attention.

Hope to have as much fun with my F-150 as I do my Jeep and WRX, by combining the two but the bulk and unresponsiveness is something I will have to get used to.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Sounds like you have some big plans for your EcoBeast. Keep us informed about your progress and we would love to see some pictures along the way.

SPPD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try to keep my build up to date and hope to support the community as much as i can. The only problem is that camp work keeps me away from home for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey welcome and I am with SPPD on some progress PICs. It does sound like your taking your EcoBesat to the next level and nothing would be better than to see the progress photos.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see a new member join with ambition.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing is i need to still receive the vehicle, before i can enjoy it, before i can mod it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can not wait. Just watched a youtube video of a flashed ect. Ecoboost vs a stage 2 wrx('11 though), i suppose tuned similar to mine. Needless to say the ecoboost lost but it was interesting to see someone do that comparison considering that i will have both.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My '02 WRX is estimated at around 300Hp and 300ftlb crank. My results were 241Hp and 242ftlb on all 4's(it is AWD). That is with the STD Stage 2 tune(ECU Flash for 91 and turbo back exhaust) which should get me 280Hp and 285ftlb, but i have the larger intercooler, intake and decatted downpipe which should bring things up to the 300 marks.

I have found that there are some decent down pipes available for the Ecoboost and the province of Alberta does not have any emission laws so i can go decatted. Which means i can do the same build i have on my WRX on the Ecoboost plus i will go Water/Meth(which i forgot to add in my intro).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An update:

Received my stickers yesterday.

I received my ETA on my truck. It will be here June 25 to July 1. I am off the week prior till the 25th then i go back to work and will only be able to pick it up 2 weeks later.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Look forward to you getting your truck to let the building begin. As you know already, once you start it'll be hard for you to stop! Having a WRX already, I'm sure you know the mod bug is strong!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Too true but I have discovered that there is in fact a 100000km warranty on the powertrain so my modding will have to wait 2.5/3 years. Everything else that is not covered by warranty is fair game though:cool:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Too true but I have discovered that there is in fact a 100000km warranty on the powertrain so my modding will have to wait 2.5/3 years. Everything else that is not covered by warranty is fair game though:cool:
As long as the mod(ie intake exhaust tune) does not change the internal functioning parts of the vehicle you are fine. The MFG ie FORD would hav eto prove the mod caused the failure to void your warranty.
I know this as I modded my 04 mach1 with intake exhaust tuner short throw shifter at 59 miles. Since that day the car has had to have the tranny rebuilt 4x under warranty due to 3rd gear synchro going out. Every time it went to the dealer (first time under 15k on it ) ever mod installed was left in place even the tune in the PCM. Never even was asked about the mods.
Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I understand but if a turbo for example was to go i would be screwed as the parts would directly affect its function. Any engine modifications would void the warranty on my engine and Ford has the money for lawyers to tell me to go screw myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found out today that my truck arrived at the dealership on the 19th. I am away on a job and am staying in camp So i will not be able to collect it until the 9th july earliest.

I am happy and frustrated at the same time.

My Ecoboost is waiting for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello again.
I have not been on the forum since I signed up. Here is an update of my truck:

So I collected it 2013/08/16, a New Ingot Silver F150 SuperCab FX4 EcoBoost with max tow package.

It now has 30000km's on it with:
3 Fold Tonneau Cover
2" Level
Lincoln LT 20" with 275/60R20 iPike winters
SCT iTSX with 5Star 87Eco tune

On order is a winter grill cover and lower intercooler grill.

As she looks today:

20141127_190244.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not so much today but i am back to the On-Call truck for the next 14 days. 5.6 Titan that is:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
8 Participants
KIL390
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing