F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a new 2013 2WD SCrew with the MaxTow pkg about a month ago and yesterday I decided to take the boat out. The boat is a 27 ft Dusky that we normally use our 2000 F250 7.3 diesel to tow. The 7.3 has always yanked that 7,000 lbs around as if it's nothing and honestly, i didn't think for a second that the Eco would come close. To my surprise, it tows just about as strong and stops the brake-less trailer just as well. Completely blown away by this truck and absolutely love it. Even coming out of the ramp was effortless. Amazed.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You should post some photos when you get a chance!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen

Reactions: shoehorn0

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine is a month old as well, and I just had my first tow last week. I pulled my travel trailer up an 8 mile 6% grade. My old truck would go into second and scream up that same hill, losing half its speed in the process. Not now! I easily held the speed limit in 4th gear at 2800rpm. I could have accelerated up the hill in the passing lane if I wanted. I'm very pleased as well. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
kingnothing, you are in for a real treat. The only downside is watching the mpg's drop like a rock. The truck has the power to climb the grades, but I can see that being a double edged sword. It makes you want to hold the speed limit, and that costs money. I'm thinking I will either have to tell myself to drop down a bit in speed or break the mileage gauge out of the dashboard! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts