F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a slightly used 2019 Jayco 242BH yesterday and drove it the 220 miles home.

Lots of wind and some good hills to climb on the way out of Kelowna. No drama at all with equalizer 4pt hitch, one handed driving all the way. Had a bit of fresh water in the tank (the dealer filled the 80gal fresh tank for the PDI which took almost the entire trip home to empty through the low point drain). Probably sitting around 6,000lbs with nothing in it yet.

My SCT X4 decided to brick itself so I wasn't able to load a tow tune, was stuck running my 93 performance tune from Torri. I was a bit concerned knowing I would have to manually shift the whole trip and keep a close eye on temps (torque pro). Happy to report I had no issues at all, temps remained below 200-205f except for the longest steepest grade which I briefly touched 220f. Average speed was 70mph.

Now the modding bug will shift to the trailer. Already have a long list of things I want to get done.

Hopefully they decide to open up the campgrounds soon?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice rig and setup! I've not done, or plan on any power adders with my setup. I've done some brake and suspension upgrades and that's been the best thing for my setup. I too run the Torque Pro app to monitor my temps and a gazillion other things and for what I've got, that's working for me.

I run 92 Chevron or Shell and that's helped a lot too.

I too hope the parks open up by May.. I've got all my camping reservations set thru Sept, but that's only if they open!

Good luck! Mitch

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice, good floor plan! Love the ladder for roof access, would be great but I know my four boys would be up their while I’m at work, great boys but they get bored and a little mischievous. We are here waiting for campsites you open also. My wife works from home and I have an “essential” job but my hours have been cut in half. My wife had been in our house with 4 boys for 2 weeks, sorry for long response I’m bored also.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Nice setup Trev
The Boost is an amazing tow vehicle for sure in addition to adding a few mods/ "necessities" to her!-lol
Screenshot_20190828-080114_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
LOL. I just gotta laugh every time you post that rig man. It just really seems to defy physics. You probably definitely get a lot of weird stares right?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Holy crap, 80 gallons, im jelly.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Nice set up.......

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, only thing I'm missing for the boost is the "Saudi" trans cooler which is stuck in UPS limbo right now... Was supposed to be delivered before the pick up.

I have another backup cooling mod I may try come summer time if I run into issues.

I'm curious to see how that 80 gal of fresh is going to work out, I think both the grey and black tanks are only 40'ish gal each.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Thanks guys, only thing I'm missing for the boost is the "Saudi" trans cooler which is stuck in UPS limbo right now... Was supposed to be delivered before the pick up.

I have another backup cooling mod I may try come summer time if I run into issues.

I'm curious to see how that 80 gal of fresh is going to work out, I think both the grey and black tanks are only 40'ish gal each.
I think if you have a good towing tune, then the trans cooling isnt a big deal. Where the trans gets hot is when the TC unlocks.

My trans i don't think has ever seen above 210 and I am running the Excursion cooler but without the radiator end tank liquid-liquid cooler. So all I am running is the air cooler and it is totally fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on the trailer. Good looking setup! My wife and I are full timers with a 25 foot trailer and our 3.5 eco. We have put over 10k tow miles on it with very little issues. (A seal on a rear bearing blew but I don’t think it was the towing.) Our trans temp has never been above 205F even on a 90F day going up some steep grades.

The only mods we did was bilsteins on all four corners and Road Master Active Suspension. The stock tires were great but we wore them out around 75k. We went with the continental terrain contact HT XL. We found the XLs were better than regular tires.
We also have a catch can which catches a lot of junk when towing but not sure if it is necessary.

Oh we do add the tow mirrors from amazon which are great but look dumb.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Picked up a slightly used 2019 Jayco 242BH yesterday and drove it the 220 miles home.

Lots of wind and some good hills to climb on the way out of Kelowna. No drama at all with equalizer 4pt hitch, one handed driving all the way. Had a bit of fresh water in the tank (the dealer filled the 80gal fresh tank for the PDI which took almost the entire trip home to empty through the low point drain). Probably sitting around 6,000lbs with nothing in it yet.

My SCT X4 decided to brick itself so I wasn't able to load a tow tune, was stuck running my 93 performance tune from Torri. I was a bit concerned knowing I would have to manually shift the whole trip and keep a close eye on temps (torque pro). Happy to report I had no issues at all, temps remained below 200-205f except for the longest steepest grade which I briefly touched 220f. Average speed was 70mph.

Now the modding bug will shift to the trailer. Already have a long list of things I want to get done.

Hopefully they decide to open up the campgrounds soon?

View attachment 165887
Hi Trev,
You mentioned in your Post that you pulled the 'low point drain' to drain the water tank, and it took a long time.. I have owned several Travel trailers, and on each of the most recent, there are three (4 if you include the water heater) drains.
The low point drains are basically for winterizing and draining the water system (usually blue and red hoses), and there is a third drain that is directly plumbed into the bottom of the fresh water tank (usually a white hose). That is the drain for the fresh water tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts