F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only 950 miles on the truck, but the drivers seat lumbar adjustment has squeaked and creaked since day 1. :mad: I have my first road trip coming up next weekend, and a couple more through the holidays in November - December, so I wanted to knock this out now. So tired of hearing my seat every single time I sat down or shifted my weight. They replaced the lumbar adjustment assembly (which I am told is like a bladder) and my seat makes no noise now, no matter where I adjust it. Lets hope it stays quiet.

I had read on other forums about the high mount center tail light leaking (one guy claimed it leaked into the body of his truck and he had water coming into the rear headliner :eek:) So when I noticed moisture inside the plastic housing during my first wash of the truck, I knew I wanted it checked out. They justified that the moisture in there was excessive and replaced the whole light and cover. Seems like they could have just adjusted or sealed it better, but Ford's instruction is generally to replace the entire part (I guess they don't believe they have any design flaws). Not so confident I wont see this issue again since the plastic cover housing isn't 'sealed' against the metal body of the cab, only on the inside around the light is there a gray rubber looking sealant. ?? Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
My high mount light has also leaked since I first washed the truck. I bought some rubber weather stripping and sealed it myself. No use in a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My high mount light has also leaked since I first washed the truck. I bought some rubber weather stripping and sealed it myself. No use in a trip to the dealer.
Sealed it where on the outside of the clear plastic cover against the cab body?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Just where it mates closer into the center around the mounting holes and bulb fixtures.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Im sorry to say that the lumbar adjustment on the seat was completly quiet for about 3 days, but the squeak / creak has returned... It doesnt seem as bad as before, but it's there... the squeak / creak comes from the left side of the seat, and a knocking cracking type sound comes from the right side of the seat.... both from the lumbar area.... Its like the mounting hardware for the lumar mechanism is the proplem, so when your weight presses against it, instead of being solid, it moves in the seatback and makes noise. My service advisor is going to talk with the shop foreman and research some stuff before having me come back in. My cheap Ford Rangers had quiet seats, why doesnt my $40,000 F150. ???

And SYNC is F'd... randomly switches sources with almost every key cycle. The only way I can get the stereo to keep its source is if I power it off before turning the truck off.... otherwise I will shut it down playing tunes from USB, and it will start back up on line in, or even on FM radio.... but sometimes it stays on USB and pick back up right where it left off. Really!?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back in the shop today for the noisy seat... It progessed and got really bad, squeaking/creaking with every single movement I make in the drivers seat... It's really hard to enjoy your new truck when the seat makes more noise than any vehicle you've ever been in.

Spent time with the shop foreman to demostrate the problem in detail... I hope they get it right this time... If not they could always take the seat out of the Toyota Corolla rental they gave me, that seat is completely quiet. :confused:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Is this really worth taking the truck in for? I'm contemplating mentioning it on my truck for its next oil change, but dealers seem so incompetent nowadays I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the lumbar adjustment in your seat creaking so loud with every move you make in the seat that it can be heard by everyone sitting in the vehicle? I'd say it's unacceptable that they designed a seat that way. No other cars I have been in make noise so consistently like that. I'd be suprised if someone said it didnt bother them or thought it was no big deal.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Is the lumbar adjustment in your seat creaking so loud with every move you make in the seat that it can be heard by everyone sitting in the vehicle? I'd say it's unacceptable that they designed a seat that way. No other cars I have been in make noise so consistently like that. I'd be suprised if someone said it didnt bother them or thought it was no big deal.
Mine makes noise. I'd almost opt to have it removed. Doesn't do anything for my back...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
i know this doesnt help anything but my wife has a dodge caliber and the pass seat is the same way !
it is totally quiet if it is empty but with someone in it every time they move it squeeks or groans
moving on
i had my truck in last week for first service and they replaced the driver side rear shock, it had puked all of its oil fill onto the road somewhere !
yea under 5,000 miles on the truck and i had 135,000 miles on my last trucks set of shocks with no probelm other than the oil was to tired to push the rod back out of them when you compressed it by hand
as far as TSB's i asked and they said yea there were several for my truck but they would not install them
needless to say they got some bad feedback from me when they emailed me the next day for a survey about my service experience

my thought is if a TSB is issued for my $42,000 truck that is supposed to improve quality of something i want it installed at my request

thats the service i expect instead of some line of BS because i didnt complain about having problems with this or that !

·
Registered
49 Posts
i know this doesnt help anything but my wife has a dodge caliber and the pass seat is the same way !
it is totally quiet if it is empty but with someone in it every time they move it squeeks or groans
moving on
i had my truck in last week for first service and they replaced the driver side rear shock, it had puked all of its oil fill onto the road somewhere !
yea under 5,000 miles on the truck and i had 135,000 miles on my last trucks set of shocks with no probelm other than the oil was to tired to push the rod back out of them when you compressed it by hand
as far as TSB's i asked and they said yea there were several for my truck but they would not install them
needless to say they got some bad feedback from me when they emailed me the next day for a survey about my service experience

my thought is if a TSB is issued for my $42,000 truck that is supposed to improve quality of something i want it installed at my request

thats the service i expect instead of some line of BS because i didnt complain about having problems with this or that !
I agree totally!! I had a TSB done on my Mustang, the only way for them to do it was print it out. They kept telling, there wasn't one for the tranny fluid, until I put the paperwork down on the service desk.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine makes noise. I'd almost opt to have it removed. Doesn't do anything for my back...
So the lumbar in your seat makes noise all the time too? I said the same thing to the dealer, I'll have them take the damn thing out of the seat if it's going to make noise like that.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
So the lumbar in your seat makes noise all the time too? I said the same thing to the dealer, I'll have them take the damn thing out of the seat if it's going to make noise like that.
Only if I move around...sound like I'm breaking something.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Funny i found this thread, mine in my '13 makes a ton of noise!! And yes, i paid 40k for a truck that sounds like the biggest POS and now my g/f is giving my flack for trading in my Silvo for this junk. What ever came about this? Instead of bring it to my dealer id rather try myself at fixing it. Do you know how they get to it? Do they remove the whole seat cover to access it and how do that do that?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
They pull the seat out of the truck, put it on a bench, and take off the seat cover to gain access to the inside where the lumbar mechanism is attached to the seat. Ford's first recommendation was to replace the whole lumbar assembly, which they did. Seemed like they could have done a bit more troubleshooting to find what the root cause was, but they pretty much have to follow Fords recommendations to get paid for warranty work. So they replaced the whole lumbar assembly (essentially a bladder with bars running through it and springs to engage and bow out the support bars into the seat back) and everything was perfectly quiet for 3 days... Then the noise came back and progressed to where it was worse than ever, and you hear the seat squeak and creak with any movement you make. It is a 100% consistent confirmed issue.

Its now the end of day two for the trucks 2nd visit for this problem and I just received word from the service manager that the shop foreman has the seat out and apart and is trying to figure out the best way to silence the problem. If they decide to order more parts that'll push it into day 3, and I told them I dont want them keeping my truck through the Thanksgiving holiday. :mad:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Holy ****, this sounds like a real problem that they dont have a answer for. Well im deff not going to go that far on my own so ill take it to a dealer and let them handle it. Did they bring you back there and show you the inside of the seat?, how complex is it in there?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have not seen the seat out of the truck, but I inquired about how they do it since I figured I might have to do it on my own after the warranty is up... They said I'd be cursing. Hahaha.

After they did the first service I noticed 2 deep gouges on my center front passenger seatbelt casing (I have the split bench in front). When I took it back I showed them that there was no way I could have damaged the hard plastic that way, so they agreed to replace the seatbelt buckle casing around where the red release button is. Minor, but they definitely pinched it somehow putting the seat back in.

...and again, replacing the entire lumbar assembly had it quiet for 3 days before it came back, so thats not it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts