F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Did a chalk test and it seems like 37 psi that I had it at is about right.

37 also happens to be the factory Raptor pressure which is why I went with it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Did a chalk test and it seems like 37 psi that I had it at is about right.

37 also happens to be the factory Raptor pressure which is why I went with it.
Not to split hairs, but it is 38psi for Raptors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Right on the dot. I ran 38 in both my Gen 1 raptors and 35-36 in my current Gen 2.

My 11 F150 I actually run 40 front and 35 rear unloaded. That seemed to be the sweet spot for me.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I am averaging 16.1 or 16.2 right now. No doing terrible although the weather warmed up this week. I will have to see how it does in the summer when I was getting 17.5-18.5 before.

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
I am averaging 16.1 or 16.2 right now. No doing terrible although the weather warmed up this week. I will have to see how it does in the summer when I was getting 17.5-18.5 before.
That's not bad at all. I'm just going to ask, but did you adjust the speedo for them?

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

This was a trip i took today to pick up some tires for my Lexus. Lots of 55-65 mph two lane roads, some winding canyons, some 70 mph on I-15, A good amount of stop and go heading through Provo UT. I went from 6500’ down to 4000’ and back up to 6500’.

I thought that was pretty good considering I drive a 6400 lb brick with 35’s

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
So I added all the plastics back in to make sure everything was covered up and protected. since I did that, I am getting rubbing again on the back on the drivers side. So I had a shop play with the alignment and max out the caster to try and get me a little more room. This actually made the rubbing worse, because instead of the tire making solid contact with the plastic, its now just barely catching it and making it rattle more. :ROFLMAO:

Also, my Caster was already almost maxed so i likely didnt gain much of anything.

Now I need to decide if I should get some SPC UCA’s since they can add +/- 2 degrees of caster or just pull the plastics.

I sketched up the front spindle in cad and I think I can get about 4mm more clearance by adding the 2* with the UCA. I really think that is all it would take. The circle is the tire center and the angled line represents the spindle.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts