23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those five are:

Tune
Downpipe
Methanol inj
Catch can
Intercooler

Tune is a done deal pretty much but of the other four, how would you prioritize? Spark plugs and thermostat are going in with the three items I choose.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Intercooler
And a new twist...
Thermostat

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Maybe he edited, but he said plugs and tstat are going in no matter what

Family First

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Tune, DP, and CAC are my suggestion

Family First

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
DP, Intercooler and then RE-TUNE for those mods.

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T-stat and plugs are piece of mind but should I buy colder range spark plugs?

Anyone out there with the solo resonated(OFF-ROAD) DP? I understand it may not flow as Well as the mak or SW pieces but is are there any measurable gains? I'm willing to take a 5-10 home hit vs. The MAK or SW pipes for the sake of not sounding like a G35.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've been without a catch can for 64k miles so I'm not pushing that. CAC and downpipes.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I've been without a catch can for 64k miles so I'm not pushing that. CAC and downpipes.
Sounds like your trucks got one tire in the grave then. Lol maybe not. I think the cans are less of a big deal in certain climates. In the rainy ultra humid Washington, I'm glad I have it.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
DP, CAC, then tune

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Tune, DP, and CAC.

Reactions: cbvet

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like your trucks got one tire in the grave then. Lol maybe not. I think the cans are less of a big deal in certain climates. In the rainy ultra humid Washington, I'm glad I have it.
I've got more miles than most and prolly more modded miles than 90%. I'm not worried. Then again maybe I'm trying to blow my motor to get a stroked, forged, huge turbo a fully fueled engine.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
So you are settled on getting a tune, good. Looking at the rest of your listed options and Methanol will make/allows more power than all the rest combined. Your tune will have to be made to capitalize on the meth kit.

So my suggestion would be Tune and Meth....and whatever the hell third one you want.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Reactions: 2Canches
1 - 20 of 47 Posts