F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The Chicagoland area is enduring some horrible storms. The area I live in is very close to the Des Plaines River and the river is already 3 feet above flood stage and they are expecting another 2 to 3 feet in the next 24 hours. So far our home has been kept dry by 2 pumps running continuously foe the last 24 hours. I have a couple more pumps on stand by and have my generator all gassed uo just in case we lose power. Many of my neighbors already have several feet of water in their basements. Please keep your fingers crossed that we don't lose everything again.

Thanks,

SPPD

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! We are holding our own right now. I am trying to help my neighbors the best I can right now. Thanks again JagBag74!

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sorry to hear tht Bro. Hang in there and keep up the good fight. Fingers are crossed the weather will pass and all will be recovered. Keep us posted

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This rain we have had is insane. It is causing sinkholes and major flooding everywhere. One major state road right by my house is going to be closed for at least a week since they dont expect the river to go down for a while. Check out this video from the South Side this morning.

Sinkhole Swallows 3 Cars On Chicago's South Side, 1 Person Injured

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wow That is crazy and I thought Alaska roads where bad. I really hope all gets better soon.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! The area I am in is prone to high water, but I have never seen anything like this. A few years ago we had 7 inches of rain in a few hours, but this makes that look like a spring shower. It has just been constant down pours and lightning over a huge area from the south west up toward the northeast and we are kinda right in the middle. A few of my buddies in Michigan are getting it now too.
It took my wife over 4 hours to get close to her work that is only like a 10 minute drive normally. She finally got close and a local copper told her she had to turn around and head home because it was too dangerous for her to be in the road. She made it home and was so worn out from the ordeal she went back to bed lol. She stayed up on pump watch most of the night so she deserves the rest. Almost every school in the area was closed due to rain. In my 37+ years on this earth I have never heard of a rain day. With the tragedy in Boston and Texas we are blessed that it is all property damage and everyone is safe, but a few of my friends have started drafting plans for an Arc. Thats how bad it was.

Again, thanks for all the well wishes!

SPPD

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've been from Plainfield to Lake Zurich replacing pumps and installing backup pumps today, When I crossed the DesPlaines river on rt 59 the river looked as if it was about to cover the road, it was pretty amazing getting around with all of the roads that were blocked off. One of My customers got so much rain that both pumps kept up, but the water was pouring in through the basement window well so she still got water on the floor anyway.. Here is a picture of one of her neighbors backyard playset, no, it's not floating, the Des Plains river is that much higher than it normally is!

wet playset.jpg

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kept meaning to take some photos but I was running around so much making sure we were okay that I never did.

SPPD

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow. That is insane. I hope that you and yours stay safe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
SPPD, our prayers are with you....lived through some flooding myself, Katrina......So stay safe, it can all be relpaced if it comes down to it, your families and your health is the important part

·
Registered
152 Posts
SPPD, good luck out there I hope all goes well for you and yours. Like 7.3 says material can be replaced. I've been there once as well. (flash flood) I had water comming down my stairs like a water fall. I remember feeling so helpless...looking back now it's all a distant memory and me and mine are all maybe a little stronger for it. Keep your chin up brother!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wish you could send some of that to North Texas, we are in a severe drought area, lakes are dangerously low.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wish you could send some of that to North Texas, we are in a severe drought area, lakes are dangerously low.
Thats how we were last year! We need the rain, just not like this lol.

SPPD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
SPPD
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing