F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a tuxedo black XLT with the gray cloth seats and black carpeting. I'm going to buy a set of Husky liner floor mats for obvious reasons, not that Weather Tech is bad but I have to stick with a theme here. My wife thinks to go with gray, it would be a bit cooler for the dogs in the summer. I'm thinking black to match the floor. Thoughts, opinions, photos?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have black mats and black carpet. I say buy black to match your carpet. Hey, if I say black...you just can't question that. :)

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Go with black. What do wives know?

I'm buying the black weather techs. Just because the husky's don't have one piece over them hump and they don't list an over the hump piece to go with the X Act liners only the classics and the weather beaters.

Someone on here posted pics of his with the grey liners in a black interior and doesn't float my boat. Check out the weather tech thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
+1 for the Weathertechs but, Snowdog, ya have to go with the BLACK...!

Mike :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah after finding a gray t-shirt and putting it on the floor she agrees black is the way to go. I like the Husky for the back because they have the little dimples that help to keep them in place, I have seen people complaining about the wheathertechs sliding around. Finally I have won a color decision with her.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the same interior and went with black and it looks good. I went with the Husky's as well. My dad has the same interior on his ecoboost and went gray on the floor mats, it looks good also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have not had any luck with husky. We had them in our camry and the edges would roll over and place a gap between the edge (right next to the door sill) and the mat. All that gap did was collect dirt. Traded in the Camry for a Prius and the Husky liners seem to do better. With my 11 ECOboost I went with MAXliner floor mats. There are not dimples in the bottom, but you don't need dimples when you have an exact fit. I have always thought thought dimples were there to prevent slipping, which is true only if your floor mats do not provide and exact fit. I will not buy another brand floor mat except MAXliner anymore. 100% satisfied. I have thought about getting rid of my Husky liners in my Prius just to replace them with MAXliner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just returned my huskey liners back to amazon and went with the custom floor mats instead. The liners didn't cover dirt well and were too thin for my liking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts