F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check this out from fordtechmakuloco... his take on Ford's Recommended Service intervals are that they set you up for a bunch of expensive repairs out of warranty. He seems to know his way around the EB and has a bunch of informative videos on youtube.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Getting all fluids changed tomorrow at the dealer minus the oil. 107K 2012 3.5. Let them have the mess that would happen as well as in their records for my extended warranty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I been waiting on the 35,000 mark to roll around. Yes I took it to the Lincoln dealer where I know a few of the line mechanics. I will not deal with local Ford dealer.

Anyway The work I had done was slightly over $700....Ouch! Trans got flushed....BG cleaner run thru it. Then I had them drop the pan clean any clutch residue and metal off the magnets and change the filter. Obviously more fluid then too.

I keep a vehicle. So I want to take care of it.

The line mechanic said....You got it broken in now and your doing it right.

·
Registered
444 Posts
So I called the dealership to schedule a transmission and rear diff service. I'm currently at 32k on my 2017 3.5 ecoboost. When I told them the mileage, they stated there was no need until I hit 60k. Does this seem correct? This is my first ford and all my gm trucks were always down around 30k..
Did you get the roll pin TSB on your 2017? Mine had a TSB so they dropped the pan and apparently used 7 quarts to fill back up. That was at 20k so I will do a filter and refresh in 5k or so.

Might be a way to get some transmission maintenance for free plus an issue fixed!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
My 2015 only has 26,000 miles now, but I think I will have all fluids changed at 30,000. Differential, transmission, transfer case, etc. Probably wait until 50k or so for the coolant. Then brake fluid at same time I think.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts