F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming up on the end of my 3/36 factory warranty on my 2020 F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost and I'm seriously toying with the idea of getting the Ford ESP from Flood Ford. Has anyone bought one of these recently on a not new truck? It doesn't look like I need any inspections since I'm still under the factory warranty.

My truck has been flawless through 29k miles of which at least 15k have been towing my camper but after seeing all of these cam phaser repairs at $1700 a pop I'm seriously thinking about it. The 7 year 100k plan is about $1700 so it would pay for itself pretty quickly if I need it. I'm also thinking I'm on borrowed time with the APIM since I keep getting the no GPS error and it occasionally will go to a black screen.

Historically I would be looking to trade about now but given the lead time for ordering a new truck as well as the current uncertainty in the economy I'm thinking about keeping this truck until my son starts driving in 4 years.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
In my opinion, if you plan to keep the truck 4+ years, the Ford ESP is great insurance (not warranty). I say go for it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,648 Posts
I bought from either Flood or Zeigler just before my 3/36 was up on my 2018
Couldn't have been easier.

And when I impulsively traded it in, they refunded the unused portion in like 5 days, no questions asked.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought from either Flood or Zeigler just before my 3/36 was up on my 2018
Couldn't have been easier.

And when I impulsively traded it in, they refunded the unused portion in like 5 days, no questions asked.
That is good to know they will do the refund on the unused portion. Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 F150 SCREW, Power Boost, 6.5' Box, 4x4, 1645# CC
258 Posts
I bought a plan from Flood Ford formy current truck. This time I added 2 items I had not before. One covers all lights, interior and exterior. 2nd one covers keys. These new keys used with the keyless entry and push button start cost a bloody fortune to replace. It cost $50 for each and there is no deductible for them and they begin immediately.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
zeigler is who I am about to go with. I have to have the truck inspected by an authorized for dealer 1st...... but at 50k, I want the peace of mind... should pass the inspection with zero issues......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts