F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1261 - 1265 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
My friend has a 17 raptor, oil change at dealers all stock, it is having chain rattle lol
My wife's 2018 Transit van with the Gen1 EB gets the rattle (very faint, very brief) maybe 1 out of every 15 startups and it has 32k miles on it. I'm 100% certain the dealer will tell me they can't replicate the problem or it's a non-issue that they've never heard of but I'm going to take it to them anyways. I have less than 4k miles left on the warranty.

This van is the lowest quality Ford vehicle I've ever owned and that's saying a lot. I can't count the number of Ford vehicles I've owned. It will quite probably be replaced with a Mercedes passenger van when I've finally had enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone have an idea as to what is the cause of the timing chain stretch. I have a 2011 F150 Ecoboost, and haven't had that issue yet. I am proactive on maintenance, and the Synthetic oil never gets past 4000 miles. Is it hard acceleration, heavy towing, too light of a chain for the job, 10K oil change (diluted oil)??

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Does anyone have an idea as to what is the cause of the timing chain stretch. I have a 2011 F150 Ecoboost, and haven't had that issue yet. I am proactive on maintenance, and the Synthetic oil never gets past 4000 miles. Is it hard acceleration, heavy towing, too light of a chain for the job??
Bad design. Although some will never have the issue

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1261 - 1265 of 1265 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
208 Participants
Sirikenewtron
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing