F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered an F-150 on June 6. :D Now they are telling me an ETA of August 15th.... or possibly a few days later!!! :mad: At first it was going to be 6-8 weeks...so the ETA of 8 wks. Also was being built in Dearborn MI. Last week dealer told me 8/7 at the latest. TODAY, I'm told it was built in Kansas City 2 weeks ago, waiting to go by rail to northern OH, then by truck to Columbus OH. If I had another option, I'd take it. You know a guy can change his mind in 12 weeks, about a lot of things. OK, guys...thanks for letting me rant. I feel better now. :p

·
Registered
537 Posts
That could work out in your favor if you play the your cards right. Let the dealer know that he has caused you and your family a hardship due to the plans having been to use this truck for your summer vacation. Then ask them what they are going to do to help make up for their not being able to provide you with competent delivery and build dates and delivery on the date it was scheduled to arrive for delivery. Tell them that with this new adjusted delivery date you are having to take delivery of a new truck just as the new model year will be getting ready to hit dealer lots.

I would shoot for a free extended warranty if it were me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Ordered mid-July and was told 8-12 weeks. No updates yet other than the fact that Ford acknowledged the order.

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
*JOKE* maybe you peeps should pick a different color. Or one off the lot?????? kidding kidding GET what YOU want cause that's the BEST ! I hope the truck comes in quick & you get a bonus of some sort

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
*JOKE* maybe you peeps should pick a different color. Or one off the lot?????? kidding kidding GET what YOU want cause that's the BEST ! I hope the truck comes in quick & you get a bonus of some sort
That's mean.

I "settled" for what the dealer had on the lot. I got a great price (cause they are blowing off the 2013s to make room for the 2014s) and it had MOST of the options I wanted, but it is missing a couple that I am now wishing it had.

And yes, the colour is NOT what I would have preferred ... it's not my 1st, 2nd or even my 3rd choice ... but it is growing on me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's mean.

I "settled" for what the dealer had on the lot. I got a great price (cause they are blowing off the 2013s to make room for the 2014s) and it had MOST of the options I wanted, but it is missing a couple that I am now wishing it had.

And yes, the colour is NOT what I would have preferred ... it's not my 1st, 2nd or even my 3rd choice ... but it is growing on me.
Yes me also I wanted Gem Green ,Settelled for Ruby red.A long way from green.
But I love my RUBY BEGONIA.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I know that the waiting is the worst, but you will forget all about it once your EcoBeast is parked in your garage. That is if you ever stop driving it long enough to park it in the garage!

SPPD

·
Registered
35 Posts
If Ford is adding 900 new hourly jobs........means they are backed up and the F150 is in DEMAND! I had to wait about 8 weeks which is fast, I hope you all know, with summer everyone wants a new truck, car, and or motorcycle. So just keep in mind 8 weeks is the earliest, I ordered my truck March 30th of 2012 and they told me 12 weeks but it could be here as soon as 8 weeks. So I would take all variables into condsideration, I'm happy I have exactly what I wanted in my EcoBoost and I'm 92k miles strong and still rollling hard.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you I ordered June 4th. The truck has been invoiced out and somewhere between here and there for a spray in bed liner no way of tracking it now. I'm so excited though, being exactly what I want

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
Grim, what color did you end up getting? & if I have an extra 5G I would have wants stage FX4 decal package but I'm happy with my 6 seats not 5. Sometimes you gotta settle & be happy with less (options) all I wanted was the boost. Wifey wanted screw & reg box with the side steps to the box. O & I'm digging the old man tail gate step. 34 & not getting younger

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same boat here. I ordered (and paid for) mine eight weeks ago. Still no truck. I think if I would've had to finance it and make payments on something I didn't have sitting in the driveway, I'd be upset. They are throwing in a spray-in bed liner and tinting the front two windows for free, because of the delay. I suppose that helps. A little.

I love your name by the way... :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've factory ordered two vehicles in my lifetime. I have never paid in advance for a vehicle before actual delivery. Is that legally and contractually legitimate? At time of order there's not even a VIN to tie the purchase to.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Grim, what color did you end up getting? & if I have an extra 5G I would have wants stage FX4 decal package but I'm happy with my 6 seats not 5. Sometimes you gotta settle & be happy with less (options) all I wanted was the boost. Wifey wanted screw & reg box with the side steps to the box. O & I'm digging the old man tail gate step. 34 & not getting younger
I got "Race Red" and it is bright. Brighter than the Ruby Red. People definitely notice it on the road (including the Police). It seems most other vehicles are silver, grey, white or black where I live. No color.

I too wanted the Gem Green, but the dealer said very few trucks were built in that color and green is not a popular color with cars & trucks ... but I liked it. I also like the "Blue Jean Blue" but the one truck that had it, wasn't an Ecoboost and I was only interested in Ecoboost trucks.

The "Race Red" reminds me of a bright red TR-6 I owned in my youth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts