F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of F150 owners who dislike Auto start stop. In the past there has been a handful of ways to disable its. 1 - Forscan (software mods), 2 - Hardwire the switch. 3 - Permanently use a Trailer connection testing device (which is not fool proof). 4 - Only lightly step on the brakes at traffic stops. 5 - Remember to turn its off every time you start the vehicle. I myself could never remember to turn the switch off.

I just spotted this product (Note I have not tried it, but am thinking about restoring A. S. S. w/Forscan on my truck and trying it). Its dual purpose where it remembers your last settings for Auto Start Stop and Drive mode. Everybody that has used Forscan has been looking for a solution to setting a specific drive mode, but so far no solution has been uncovered. The https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT876/ford-memorizer.html is a OBDII interface module which remembers the last setting of the two features mentioned before you turned your vehicle off. Its a bit pricey, but it depends on how aggravated one is about A. S. S.

Enjoy

Reactions: bespurcell

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
It's a button, and only needs a single press every time you start the truck if you don't want it active.
I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just spoke with these guys. Memorizer is off market temporarily while they fix an issue with it remembering the drive mode. Said it should be available again in about a week or so.

Personally, since I plan on keeping truck for a long time, I think I might spring for it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
$300 for something that you can do for less than $1, or since you already have Forscan working it wouldn't cost anything.
I just don't get it. But, it ain't my money.

·
Administrator
4,079 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
For $300, I'd almost be willing to ride shotgun and push the dang button for you! :)
Is this still available?! Is the price negotiable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
726 Posts
Why do we keep encouraging buying am item that is dedicated to doing ONE thing when there are less expensive options that can do multiple things/changes? I know it's not my money but if someone wants to spend $100 I will be glad to haven them come to me and give me that money and I will make the change in Forscan.

·
Premium Member
7,277 Posts
Why do we keep encouraging buying am item that is dedicated to doing ONE thing when there are less expensive options that can do multiple things/changes? I know it's not my money but if someone wants to spend $100 I will be glad to haven them come to me and give me that money and I will make the change in Forscan.
I see your in Texas. That doesn't mean you are close buy, of course, but I'd happily buy you and the family steaks PLUS leave you a hundred bucks thicker in the wallet just to have someone who has already conquered forscan setup my truck.

Seems there are lots of cool things that can be done to it. (I mostly want my numerical transmission Temps displayed)

Ironically the auto stop/start isn't an issue since it's "tuned" off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,079 Posts
I see your in Texas. That doesn't mean you are close buy, of course, but I'd happily buy you and the family steaks PLUS leave you a hundred bucks thicker in the wallet just to have someone who has already conquered forscan setup my truck.

Seems there are lots of cool things that can be done to it. (I mostly want my numerical transmission Temps displayed)

Ironically the auto stop/start isn't an issue since it's "tuned" off.

Bruce, @Scott91370 is spitting distance from me. So if you come visit him, you BETTER make sure I have a chance to buy you a cup of coffee accompanied by good southern conversation. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,277 Posts
Bruce, @Scott91370 is spitting distance from me. So if you come visit him, you BETTER make sure I have a chance to buy you a cup of coffee accompanied by good southern conversation. ;)
Wait, have coffee? Just?

Not come spend the night on the sofa and eat the wife's cooking? Lol

I promise if I find myself anywhere "in the neighborhood", it's a full on family outing! Everybody. Including Scott and his crew.

I prefer Mexican, so you can pick the spot.
I drink sweet tea, but Margaritas are welcome for the non-drivers.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Wait, have coffee? Just?

Not come spend the night on the sofa and eat the wife's cooking? Lol

I promise if I find myself anywhere "in the neighborhood", it's a full on family outing! Everybody. Including Scott and his crew.

I prefer Mexican, so you can pick the spot.
I drink sweet tea, but Margaritas are welcome for the non-drivers.

Lemme know when you are in Denver next. I have a great Mexican restaurant to go to. I would not be opposed to grab lunch!

·
Registered
726 Posts
@snakebitten - Next time you get to North Texas (Ft. Worth area) let me and @Elmore328 know and we can meet up. I'd be glad to make a few changes for you.
@Envious - I'll get in touch next time I'm up that way. My in-laws live in Lakewood so we usually come up a couple times a year.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts