F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked through the posts and elsewhere online and have not seen where anybody has listed the OEM part number for the notorious leaky coolant expansion tank hose as shown in Item #2 below:

Font Auto part Urban design Engineering Line art

Thanks to others (maybe not on this forum) for this pic!! I have spoken over the phone with a couple of local Ford dealers parts desks and they appear stumped as well!

I have tried the Pegasus/Amazon knock off elbow kit and it is leaking again. I thought I'd give an updated OEM hose a try first.

Thanks for your help!!

John

· Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,635 Posts
I have looked through the posts and elsewhere online and have not seen where anybody has listed the OEM part number for the notorious leaky coolant expansion tank hose as shown in Item #2 below:

View attachment 183853

Thanks to others (maybe not on this forum) for this pic!! I have spoken over the phone with a couple of local Ford dealers parts desks and they appear stumped as well!

I have tried the Pegasus/Amazon knock off elbow kit and it is leaking again. I thought I'd give an updated OEM hose a try first.

Thanks for your help!!

John
As someone who replaces their own parts, definitely a good idea to just use OEM.

Strange the dealership can't find it, it's a pretty common fix.

What year?

· Registered
774 Posts
FWIW, replaced mine as it was leaking profusely at the wye… still dribbles at the expansion tank which was a bit of a let down.

was looking at the pegasus fix, not too excited about replacing the whole tank,

· Registered
2,989 Posts
I wonder if there was a run of bad tanks or hoses. It seems people never have this issue or they are constantly fighting it. Mine has never given me an issue, but both of mine were replaced about ~30K ago. It's called a heater hose because it originates from the heater core. Not surprised Ford parts didn't know this. They were probably looking for a "Hose" category in the parts catalog. To which there is none. :rolleyes:

· Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I’ve been able to just throw an o-ring on the male portion and click it back in place. Makes the connection very secure. Have done it to 2-3 trucks with no issues at all. Matter of fact, I did it 2-3 years ago on my 2011.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SprRacing - I tried the o-ring trick with a couple of different sizes and could not get the right one to work. One was too small and another was too large to go over the plastic end. I was too hoping that would have fixed it!!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the record and posterity, here are some part numbers that I've found:

Ford Motorcraft KH576 (18472) Heater Hose Assembly
NAPA Solutions 827-6015-1 Heater Hose Assembly

I'll order and install the NAPA one as it is cheaper and has an aluminum wye connector instead of plastic like the OEM

Thanks everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts