F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone didn’t know, you can buy parts directly from Ford using their online catalog. It will provide you with two options of delivery. One being to a local dealer or directly to your home.

Best part is that you will be paying the list price and not the ridiculous dealer price. Shipping is also cheap and fast.

·
Moderstrator
1,870 Posts
Thank you @SrpRacing - your post is a sticky now!

·
Moderstrator
4,485 Posts
I use parts.ford not quite exclusively but most of the time. They're great to deal with but my negative comment for the day is I think their catalog can be over-the-top hard to navigate for certain parts. If someone can give me the black carpet floor mats part # for a 2016 Platinum I would be most grateful. Then there's this other little square base push pin that holds the fiber diaper on Edge's. Can't tell you how many times I've looked to order these two things and just decided it wasn't worth it.

·
Moderstrator
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use parts.ford not quite exclusively but most of the time. They're great to deal with but my negative comment for the day is I think their catalog can be over-the-top hard to navigate for certain parts. If someone can give me the black carpet floor mats part # for a 2016 Platinum I would be most grateful. Then there's this other little square base push pin that holds the fiber diaper on Edge's. Can't tell you how many times I've looked to order these two things and just decided it wasn't worth it.
That is very true. They could definitely simplify it a bit.

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,410 Posts
If I struggle to find the number I just go to the dealership and the lady that usually helps me gives it to me for the price on the website as long it’s above cost, which it normally is

2018 3.5L
I've tried to extract the pn from the parts guy, they don't give them out. I think they know what guys are trying to do. Get the pn, shop online for it.

·
Moderstrator
4,485 Posts
@GearHead_1
Thank you, this is the one I can find. I'm looking for the one that has the Platinum insignia in the middle of the front mat. I have them, mine are in good shape but I don't use my rubber mats, I like the look of the carpet and I don't track too much in. I'd like to have a spare set for the front.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've tried to extract the pn from the parts guy, they don't give them out. I think they know what guys are trying to do. Get the pn, shop online for it.
Interesting, mine will even print out the “quote” for me.

Found out today they want $241 for the stupid plastic cap for the step when it’s closed, the top of the tailgate.

2018 3.5L

·
Moderstrator
1,870 Posts

·
Moderstrator
4,485 Posts
Thank you again, this is what I've run into.

I've considered buying the eBay ones but the truth is I won't put any wear on the rear mat in two truck lives. Mine looks like it was just unrolled. So being the guy that says now I've got to store a roll of carpet, I keep thinking I could just get the fronts.

When going back to the Ford site, I don't know that my confidence is high that the new number is actually the dedicated Platinum mats. The picture makes me wonder if the Platinum mat has been discontinued and I would end up with the more generic version.

All this kind of makes my point. Their website leaves me thinking they could do better.

·
Registered
735 Posts

I've considered buying the eBay ones but the truth is I won't put any wear on the rear mat in two truck lives. Mne looks like it was just unrolled. So being the guy that says now I've got to store a roll of carpet, I keep thinking I could just get the fronts.

When going back to the Ford site, I don't know that my confidence is high that the new number is actually the dedicated Platinum mats. The picture makes me wonder if the Platinum mat has been discontinued and I would end up with the more generic version.

All this kind of makes my point. Their website leaves me thinking they could do better.
Agreed. The parts search is hit or miss. If you don’t know the exact current part number you’re guessing.

I usually get my part numbers from the tasca website then order from ford parts. Skipping the middleman, as tasca is just ordering from fordparts

Nice to see ford investing into direct trade with customers, hopefully they start cutting dealers off for vehicle sales.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I've considered buying the eBay ones but the truth is I won't put any wear on the rear mat in two truck lives. Mine looks like it was just unrolled. So being the guy that says now I've got to store a roll of carpet, I keep thinking I could just get the fronts.

Agreed. Have you tried inputting the VIN?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts