F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I called a couple of dealers and got mine scheduled for Aug 1st.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wonder if he is referring to 2013's software fix not being ready when the other year models were being recalled. I recieved a second letter recently telling me the software fix was finally ready for 2013 models. It took them longer to get the patch working for them.

It was for I have a 2013, but the ones that got called in during the first batches are being called back because the patch/fix was not completed in full. I will see what I can find but I would ask if it has been awhile since you have had your "fix". I should have called around as well.....now the truck is sitting in the back lot needing an ENGINE

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the fix done on my 2013 2 days ago. As noted by others the throttle response is better.

Also the tranny seems quicker to downshift, it’s more on point, and with improved throttle feels closer to the canned SCT tune but the shifts aren’t as solid but not bad.

It took the dealer a couple of hours to do it. Overall it’s an improvement from the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the software update/recall done about a week and a half ago. Randomly since then, when I accelerate slowly from a stop, or going slowly through a parking lot, the truck doesn't react to the until I get to at least 1/3rd throttle, then it takes off like a rocket. It's not like it's stuttering, it just has no acceleration. Am I the only one with this issue, or could it be related to something else?

My truck is stock, never tuned, except for slightly bigger than stock tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the software update/recall done about a week and a half ago. Randomly since then, when I accelerate slowly from a stop, or going slowly through a parking lot, the truck doesn't react to the until I get to at least 1/3rd throttle, then it takes off like a rocket. It's not like it's stuttering, it just has no acceleration. Am I the only one with this issue, or could it be related to something else?

My truck is stock, never tuned, except for slightly bigger than stock tires.
I have not had the update yet, but I get this exact same scenario all the time. It doesn't really do it if the truck is cold or it is colder outside . It seems to be much worse when it is hot/humid outside. Its super annoying. Any fixes for this? Throttle re-learn doesn't work, and it does it tuned or not tuned.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just got recall 19S07 done, PCM reprogram on my 2013. So far so good. As others have reported, throttle response improvement probably due to the reset. Shifting is smooth so far, no issues.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have not been on here in awhile, but I am back on specifically for this issue for I feel just happened to me. I jsut paid this 13'off about 4 weeks ago. Now I am looking at an engine replacement. What happened to you and what happened to your truck. In my case I have a blown engine, cracked block between the first 2 bolts where the oilpan matches up with the block. I am suspecting that it threw a rod when it downshifted. I just felt a downshift, torque as the truck tried to take off, and then a shatter.....silence......low oil pressure alarm......rolled to a dea stop. Almost like if driving a manual and you missed 4th gear and went to 2nd. Either way I blew off the dealerships response, went straight to Ford and now have my own representative to help me on this. Apparentlt only 5 or 6 major cases but where are the other stats? I am about to reserch some info my insurance company provided. NHTSA.GOV and SAFERCAR.GOV. Came on here to see what is going on and what I can do. Thanks for anything you can assist with
Mine shifted to 1[SUP]st[/SUP] gear going 63mph on the highway.The engine spun 2 main bearings. Ford won’t help because there are not enough casesto create a “program”. I’ve been on the phone more than I can count and havewritten letters with no help from Ford. I’m out over 6 grand for a new-usedengine. Unfortunatly the only way you and I are going to receive help from Ford is if this happens to more people.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
So today I went to the new to me dealer to get my truck flashed for the recall. They checked for codes and then flashed the truck. I was there for a total of 25 minutes. The truck's shifting seems to have improved. And no more hanging in gear before shifts. So far I'm happy with what they did and the way the truck drives.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
So today I went to the new to me dealer to get my truck flashed for the recall. They checked for codes and then flashed the truck. I was there for a total of 25 minutes. The truck's shifting seems to have improved. And no more hanging in gear before shifts. So far I'm happy with what they did and the way the truck drives.
I go in tomorrow. They told me an hour. That gives me time to look at the new trucks. I’m glad to hear all seems good.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Just got done with update and seems like it’s exactly the same. I can’t tell they even did anything. But I did have to turn on my gear select display. Somehow it got turned off with the update.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
It was free to me and for any future owners of the truck
But a tuner, will change the programming of the transmission, which is what Ford did, unless you specifically tell your tuner to not change parameters in the transmission.

I guess it is nice of you to think of the next person.

·
Registered
74 Posts
But a tuner, will change the programming of the transmission, which is what Ford did, unless you specifically tell your tuner to not change parameters in the transmission.

I guess it is nice of you to think of the next person.
I was just thinking about this, and maybe its been covered since as this thread is from last year, but I am getting the recall done tomorrow. I am assuming it will change the strategy code for the truck so torrie will need to make new tunes based off the new strategy. However, wouldn't he be able to still tune the transmission as normal just leave in the default safety features of the trans from the new factory strategy? It wouldn't make sense that an aftermarket tune would have to get rid of this feature, in which case that is saying there is no safe way to have a tuned truck?!

181 - 194 of 194 Posts