F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
So I just finished reading through all of this and my transmission has been doing some weird stuff. Shifting hard into 3rd whether is under load or not, downshifting unnecessarily, MPG hasn't matched actual fuel consumption. I read that someone had the update done and their strategy code was updated to "KGCSAC4". I had my transmission flushed in July of last year and a four wheel drive serviced at my dealer and I got this strategy code back then... Anyways I don't believe I ever had the 16N02 recall done for the lead frame then. When I take my truck in, is this something I should ask for? Lead frame, tranny fluid, filter, reprogram? After I get it done I am just gonna sell my EB and get a 6.7... :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
So I just finished reading through all of this and my transmission has been doing some weird stuff. Shifting hard into 3rd whether is under load or not, downshifting unnecessarily, MPG hasn't matched actual fuel consumption. I read that someone had the update done and their strategy code was updated to "KGCSAC4". I had my transmission flushed in July of last year and a four wheel drive serviced at my dealer and I got this strategy code back then... Anyways I don't believe I ever had the 16N02 recall done for the lead frame then. When I take my truck in, is this something I should ask for? Lead frame, tranny fluid, filter, reprogram? After I get it done I am just gonna sell my EB and get a 6.7... :(
You could try to do a KAM reset with the jumper wire and let it relearn and see if that resolves some of those issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
You could try to do a KAM reset with the jumper wire and let it relearn and see if that resolves some of those issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have a done a KAM reset the last time I cleaned my MAP sensors and the last time I changed the oil. Hasn't made a difference in how it is shifting.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Got my recall notice yesterday. Never have had this issue and don't really wanna frig round with my tune so not sure I'm going to even bother.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just got my recall letter for my 2011 3.5 ECO. Says to contact my dealer. Says they need 1/2 day! Really? It's just a reflash! I will make the appointment. Too bad it's not a lead frame replacement. I would like a fluid and filter change.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Got my recall notice yesterday. Never have had this issue and don't really wanna frig round with my tune so not sure I'm going to even bother.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Kind of how I'm feeling....no issues ever with the trans and having a tune installed sounds like I'll have to go back to Unleashed to get a new program written if I do! Is it worth the hassle??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmm. I've never experienced this but I just signed onto my Ford.Owner account and this is showing up for my truck.

• Recall Date: FEB 12, 2019
  • Recall Title: 6R80 SUDDEN TRANSMISSION DOWNSHIFT POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE PROGRAMMING
  • NHTSA Recall Number: AWAITING#
  • Ford Recall Number: 19S07
  • Recall Description: SOME VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE AN INTERMITTENT LOSS OF THE TRANSMISSION OUTPUT SPEED SENSOR (OSS) SIGNAL TO THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE, POTENTIALLY RESULTING IN A TEMPORARY, UNINTENDED DOWNSHIFT INTO FIRST GEAR.
  • Risk to Safety: DEPENDING ON THE VEHICLE SPEED AT THE TIME OF AN INTERMITTENT OSS FAILURE, AN ABRUPT TRANSMISSION DOWNSHIFT TO FIRST GEAR COULD OCCUR. A DOWNSHIFT TO FIRST GEAR WITHOUT WARNING COULD RESULT IN A LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
  • Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD IS EXCLUDING REIMBURSEMENT FOR COSTS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PROGRAM WOULD PROVIDE FOR A FREE REPAIR FOR THIS CONCERN. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.
  • Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.
i got a letter from ford back in February, called my local dealership and they said "the fix wasn't available until the end of may and to be careful" lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
I took the truck in today for an oil change and they did the recall without asking, I had not put the truck back to stock tune when it went in, has anyone experienced it messing up the tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
264 Posts
You will have to contact the company that makes your tuning device. They put a fresh "stock" tune on at the dealer. so when you try to switch it wont let you since the last tune it loaded isn't the one on the PCM.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You will have to contact the company that makes your tuning device. They put a fresh "stock" tune on at the dealer. so when you try to switch it wont let you since the last tune it loaded isn't the one on the PCM.
I just reinstalled the tune I had originally and it went through. Are you saying I should contact SCT or the company who wrote the tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bonus -If it worked then you should be fine. Maybe the dealer didnt update the tune.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just got my letter for my 2013 that a software fix is now available, so in addition to extending warranty on the lead frame they are going to patch the software.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I have been experiencing the downshift and other funny stuff, been battling this for months. It does it a few times and then stops. I have had a 80 mph downshift to first barking the tires. I have had it stuck in 4th gear when pulling out of the driveway. I tried returning to stock and it still did it.

I hooked it to a scanner and found nothing while driving with a mechanic freind. I changed the plugs wondering if it was a misfire.

I called the dealer a month ago, and there was not yet an update.

Got my letter and have it scheduled for Wednesday for a reflash! Gosh it will be good to be rid of this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I have the x4, is returning to stock all I need to do?

Is there an unlock?

I assume Torrie will need to resend my tune?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
They are probably just putting you off because they are swamped with too many trucks. This is partly why this wasn't a recall on the lead frame, there's just a ton of vehicles out there and the cost would be enormous.

This isn't Ford's first rodeo on safety alerts. They won't send out the alert unless dealers have the fix in place.
Same story. I got my letter, called the dealer, we are good now.
Call again. My apt is Wednesday.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
At the time the lead frame would act up, my odometer, the miles to empty, and the average fuel would go to dashes. And for some reason the air bag light would be on. Oh and most important the speed odometer needle didn’t work.

2012 Screw 3.5L
I have had that too. Dealer says it's just a flash, and no parts.
Said I'll be in and out in an hour.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have had that too. Dealer says it's just a flash, and no parts.
Said I'll be in and out in an hour.

So..I did get the new flash recall in the mail ..but after waiting like 6 months I got another recall for the lead frame mod and I got all my money back for the last repair on the lead frame. And I never did get the flash update because my truck has a tune on it and it hasn’t acted up on my. I’ll wait to see if it acts up again before I do anything but at least the lead frame is covered till 150k for me.

2012 Screw 3.5L

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had mine done while it was in the shop for warranty work a couple weeks ago (replaced DS turbo and exhaust manifold).. Now it feels like there is a turbo lag when doing a rolling stop, or if you sit at a light for awhile.. not a fan...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got mine re-flashed this am. Took em less than an hour from the time I entered the service area till it was done. I have a fantastic dealer & service department. They said it took the re-flashed the first time. Some they've done it took them several hours to re-flash em. They said they had to force some trucks to take the re-flash. They had to do it over and over to get the trucks computer to take it. Truck seemed the same after.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just got the letter and recall work done on my '13. They also updated the PCM to the latest version.

Results:
-Tranny shifting seemed a little off before it adapted. Was actually holding gears longer than before and waiting longer to lock up the torque convertor. After a few days of driving its back to normal.
-Truck seemed to have more power, but I think it reset the throttle calibration so it's probably just a more responsive throttle.
-When the truck is cold it seems to miss less than before. Still misses at first, but seems less intrusive. Also gas mileage when cold seems to have improved.

Overall I'm happy with it. Was worried the PCM changes would screw something up but so far they seem good.

141 - 160 of 194 Posts