F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine was just some with a flash. It definitely waits a while after stopping before it shifts down into first gear.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Getting mine done tomorrow. Stock tune sucks:(

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Got update. Seems throttle is a little more responsive than before on bottom end. (could be throttle Reset) 15+- PSI WOT On boost. Damn...Went to update SCT4 before new tunes come .....only 2,960 behind, this is going to take awhile:(:(:(

update: 2 hrs 10 min finally

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have not been on here in awhile, but I am back on specifically for this issue for I feel just happened to me. I jsut paid this 13'off about 4 weeks ago. Now I am looking at an engine replacement. What happened to you and what happened to your truck. In my case I have a blown engine, cracked block between the first 2 bolts where the oilpan matches up with the block. I am suspecting that it threw a rod when it downshifted. I just felt a downshift, torque as the truck tried to take off, and then a shatter.....silence......low oil pressure alarm......rolled to a dea stop. Almost like if driving a manual and you missed 4th gear and went to 2nd. Either way I blew off the dealerships response, went straight to Ford and now have my own representative to help me on this. Apparentlt only 5 or 6 major cases but where are the other stats? I am about to reserch some info my insurance company provided. NHTSA.GOV and SAFERCAR.GOV. Came on here to see what is going on and what I can do. Thanks for anything you can assist with

·
Registered
53 Posts
ALSO, from what I am hearing for all the ones that went in for the recall, they have to go back because the fix was not Complete. Has anyone seen this as well?

·
Registered
53 Posts
It happened to my truck about a month ago and I got it fixed pretty crazy when you’re driving down the road and all the sudden your truck locks up and tires screech and before you know it you’re in first gear 12 screw f150 4x4 ecoboost luckily it was all covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was actually accelerating.....and caused some damage

·
Registered
211 Posts
ALSO, from what I am hearing for all the ones that went in for the recall, they have to go back because the fix was not Complete. Has anyone seen this as well?
I haven't heard of this. Where did you get that from? They better address it quick and send out another recall notice. I don't daily drive mine but if that"fix" they did was garbage im going to be pissed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I haven't heard of this. Where did you get that from? They better address it quick and send out another recall notice. I don't daily drive mine but if that"fix" they did was garbage im going to be pissed.

I wonder if he is referring to 2013's software fix not being ready when the other year models were being recalled. I recieved a second letter recently telling me the software fix was finally ready for 2013 models. It took them longer to get the patch working for them.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I'm still waiting for the fix for the 2012 model year. My dealer says they dont know when it will be ready. I got the letter about the lead frame but that is all I have received.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I got my 2012 fixed in January this year.. took them 2 days replaced lead frame, wires, speed sensor, and transmission valve body

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I got my recall notice in March and called my dealer to schedule. Was told Ford didn't have a fix for the 2012 models yet and to call back in a month. When I called back I was told that they had no idea of when the fix would be available. Since I really haven't had any issues with it I let it go. I will be shopping for a new dealer tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I got my recall notice in March and called my dealer to schedule. Was told Ford didn't have a fix for the 2012 models yet and to call back in a month. When I called back I was told that they had no idea of when the fix would be available. Since I really haven't had any issues with it I let it go. I will be shopping for a new dealer tomorrow.
What you describe is what I think all the dealerships were telling the 2013 guys?

My recollection might be faulty though. I have a 2012. My dad's the only one who drives it these days. He's never mentioned an issue of any kind. Although he's 87(?) and he might not notice. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got my 2012 fixed in January this year.. took them 2 days replaced lead frame, wires, speed sensor, and transmission valve body

I think we all need your dealer info lol. got my 2012 done in january as well but all I got was the flash and the warranty extension to 150,000 miles which I have passed by about 1500 miles now

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm still waiting for the fix for the 2012 model year. My dealer says they dont know when it will be ready. I got the letter about the lead frame but that is all I have received.

time for a new dealer. my dealer when I took it in january actually called me at first and said they didn't have it. Then called back on my way to pick it up and said the 2013 was the flash they didnt have and said they would have mine done and they did it. sounds like your dealer is just blowing you off

·
Registered
313 Posts
I called several dealerships before I took mine anywhere and they all said it was a recall (sour lake ford, Kinsel Ford, and Silsbee Ford) and this was in January

·
Registered
53 Posts
It was announced somewhere and also heard it on the radio when I realized the explorer I just bought is having a recall for suspension issues.......smh

161 - 180 of 194 Posts