F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link or .PDF for the mechanic service manual for the latest ecoboost? I am looking for the service not the owner manual. I have the 2013 FX4 and having the manual the maintenance crew would use on our vehicles
thanks,:confused::confused:

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I've seen the dvds on eBay, but nervous about buying it without knowing what is actually on it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to agree with you when purchasing any type of media device to install or review from Ebay. No telling what you will get or what you will load into a computer. thanks for your reply. I may have to visit the local Ford dealer to get the actual service manual.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have to agree with you when purchasing any type of media device to install or review from Ebay. No telling what you will get or what you will load into a computer. thanks for your reply. I may have to visit the local Ford dealer to get the actual service manual.
There's got to be a way to buy them, maybe through Tasca...

·
Registered
805 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Count me in too. I feel lost without a Factory Service/Shop Manual. I've had one for virtually every vehicle I've owned since the 1980s.

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've always bought from Helms. Haven't checked for a 2013 Ecoboost.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Helms manuals are top notch and they are a very well respected company. Here's the paper version manual I have for my 2005 GTO. Full manual was 2 volumes, probably 2" each. They have illustrated removal/installation instructions, DTC codes with trouble shooting, and very detailed schematics.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I like the idea, but there are no paper service/shop manuals available on that website for the Ecoboost. CD or DVD only. I don't want to have to run back and forth to the computer while covered in grease.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I like the idea, but there are no paper service/shop manuals available on that website for the Ecoboost. CD or DVD only. I don't want to have to run back and forth to the computer while covered in grease.
There are pros and cons to both. I'm old school and prefer the paper manuals. But, I've used both and the CD version is ten times easier and quicker for searching. I know more people who prefer the CD's than the paper manuals. If you have a lap top, it's just as easy to use as the paper, although I still prefer flipping pages than jumping screens.

If you plan on doing much on your own, it's well worth the cost.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I have a 24" iMac in the garage. Makes manuals easy :)

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Reactions: btswein and Vozaday

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I will risk repeating post here; If anyone only needs it as an occasional reference, this manual works. Ford Workshop Manuals > F 150 4WD V6-3.5L Turbo (2011) > Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Accessories and Optional Equipment > Accessory Delay Module > Accessory Delay Relay > Component Information > Locations I wish this were a little better interface, didn't have so many popups, it started on page 1, and more years were available. But, for free you get what you pay for:)
That kind of repost is always welcome.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
If anyone was still wondering about these, I picked up a "Workshop Manual" which would appear to be Ford's official service manual on eBay today. Only $10, seller sent me a link to download the PDF. Just checked it out, it's a 350MB 1000+ page file. Has a revision date of 10/25/2013. This thing is awesome!!!

EDIT: Ooops, sorry, did I say 1000+ pages? I meant 7000+ pages.

PLEASE DO NOT JOIN THE FORUM JUST TO PM ME ASKING FOR A COPY

I AM RESERVING THIS FOR ACTIVE MEMBERS ONLY

JOIN AND PARTICIPATE FOR A WHILE, THEN ASK ME.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts