F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In a report from Bloomberg, Ford is reportedly recruiting Alcoa Inc to provide some lightweight aluminum that they use for their military protection blast shields. Why you ask? For display in their booth at the Detroit Auto Show next month. We have reported on the potential F-150 Production Delays in recent days. Could Alcoa Inc be the cause of, or solution to these woes?

Transitioning away from stamped steel is not an uncommon move in the automotive world these days. The latest generations of Range Rover and Range Rover Sport both went on the aluminum diet and lost loads of weight, increasing performance and livability at the gas pump. FoMoCo is an early adopter, but will need to do it in a grand way if they are to pull off the transition with such a bedrock performer as the F-150. F-150 sales numbers dwarf that of the über lux Range Rover line.

And Ford, if you are reading this... The Atlas concept vehicle styling will make sure that 3 out of every 4 light trucks sold are Ford. Just my humble opinion...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Me too! I'm sure crossing my fingers orders up in middle January for a mid summer delivery. I'm ready!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I'm going to wait until the mid life cycle update.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm going to wait until the mid life cycle update.
Me too. That's why I just bought a 2013 XLT 2 months ago. I think the 2015 will look and be awesome, but I've learned to be patient. Let the first couple years work out the hiccups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts