F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beechmont_f150.jpg
The same Ohio dealership that will build you a 700 horsepower 2018 Ford Mustang GT for $40,000 is now offering a 2018 Ford F-150 with either 640 or 725 horsepower for $37,995, but only one of them comes with a standard warranty, reports Torque News.

Last week, we brought you the news of the Beechmont Ford 2018 Mustang GT with 700 horsepower, a bumper-to-bumper warranty and a price starting under $40,000. Today, we bring you another interesting option from the Cincinnati Ford dealership, with the Beechmont F-150 offering as much as 725 horsepower with a starting price of just $37,995 - but the warranty details for the supercharged truck are a bit different from the muscle car.

The Beechmont Ford 2018 F-150 XL
Like the Beechmont Mustang, the high performance F-150 from the Ohio Ford dealership is centered around a supercharger fitted to the top of the 5.0-liter V8. The buyer can pick from a Roush 2.65-liter supercharger that delivers 640 horsepower or a 2.9-liter Whipple that lifts the output to 725 horsepower. The Whipple kit offers 675 lb-ft of torque while the Roush setup “only” packs 600 lb-ft, but there is a key difference to these two equally-priced packages.

The Roush kit with 640 horsepower comes with a full bumper-to-bumper warranty because Roush worked with Ford when developing this supercharger setup. On the other hand, the Whipple package with 725 horsepower will not cover any engine or drivetrain damage, but those buyers who opt for the extra power can pay more for a 3-year, 36,000-mile warranty from Whipple.

Reference: Beechmont Ford

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
That's TX's truck!!!!!

Just goes to show you CAN make the coyote fun to drive. ;)

But the Eco is more fun right off the show room floor. Tune it and grin.
(and of course the sky is the limit)

·
Registered
642 Posts
That's TX's truck!!!!!

Just goes to show you CAN make the coyote fun to drive. ;)

But the Eco is more fun right off the show room floor. Tune it and grin.
(and of course the sky is the limit)
Buddy of mine has a bone stock coyote except for some awesome coilovers and 35's. he loves the thing.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I would so get one of these for a play truck.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
This article stated 38k for a XL. That is a work truck. The picture is mis leading, it has painted bumpers etc, that is not an XL. A 2018 xl starts at 28k baseprice according to Google search. That is not worth it for a stripper truck. A blower on one of these is only worth it if buying used.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
This article stated 38k for a XL. That is a work truck. The picture is mis leading, it has painted bumpers etc, that is not an XL. A 2018 xl starts at 28k baseprice according to Google search. That is not worth it for a stripper truck. A blower on one of these is only worth it if buying used.
I'm not sure exactly what you get from that dealer, but you should check out the possible builds for Fords 2018 XL's. It's not like you describe. You can dress up an XL pretty sporty!

But the price climbs accordingly.

Painted bumpers is definitely an easy option.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I still lean towards a turbo engine vs a supercharged engine. For the SAME Rear Wheel HP, the supercharged engine must be built stronger than a turbo engine putting out the same RWHP. This is to compensate for the extra HP the supercharged engine must produce to drive the supercharger itself.

Or, based on the SAME internals, the turbo engine will produce more RWHP than the Supercharged engine because the Supercharged engine must drive the supercharger while the turbo engine gets free HP from the exhaust (i.e. no parasitic loss to produce boost like the supercharger).

To quote Mr @rbrown "Save your money, and buy a built turbo engine for your existing truck. You can even buy a built transmission to handle the power and be power ahead for less cost".

I must admit, it is a persuasive comment, and Mr. Brown has my attention.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Depends what you're looking for really.

Instant throttle response and boost? Supercharger

Most possible power? Turbo

Now turbo's are getting much closer to superchargers with them being mounted directly to the manifolds, but they still need the exhaust to spin them up.

I've owned both SC and TC cars, and really can't complain about either one!

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
It's the Ecoboost forum.
We're all a bit turbo-smitten.

It's not an anti-blower thing as much as it is a 30,000 rpm whistle addiction.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
I’ve done a couple of supercharged trucks and glad I ended up with a Eco this time around. It’s been fun with no regrets.

Who knows what the next truck will have, it’s all fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Does that price include the truck or is this a package you add to a separately-purchased truck?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
The article states a starting price of X. The higher the trim, the higher the dollar. But yes, you can build an XL into sport model with colour matched bumpers and 20" wheels.

·
Administrator
9,604 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you get from that dealer, but you should check out the possible builds for Fords 2018 XL's. It's not like you describe. You can dress up an XL pretty sporty!

But the price climbs accordingly.

Painted bumpers is definitely an easy option.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Sirikenewtron's xl has nearly the same features as my xlt with 302a package. I heard about this, or something similar at South Lebanon Ford, and would consider it on my next truck purchase. If I could get one that is 4wd for a decent price.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts