F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 STX package F150. Do you have to go on Forscan and change anything when putting LED lights in tail lights and headlights ?

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
861 Posts
At least on the 2013, Tail and headlights aren't affected by swapping to LED's. It's when you start swapping out blinkers that you get the hyper flashing of the blinkers (Ridiculously fast). There's a setting in forscan that I had to change when I did my blinkers. Forgetting exactly what it was called, but I assume the logic is the same in your newer truck. So, no, if you're just swapping headlights and tail lights/brake lights, you should not need to mess with any settings.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
On my 2012 I have LED turn signals and went into Forscan and found the Hyper-flash on/off and turned it off. I don't remember where in forscan it was.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Previous comments above are correct but there seem to be some differences in the 15+ wiring which is why confirmation of Forscan’s ability to disable the hyper flash would be nice to know in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
861 Posts
I'm fairly certain I read in a thread on the forums here that the hyperflash fix worked on the later model trucks also. But the OP did say headlights and tail lights, which would make the hyperflash thing pretty much irrelevant.

·
Registered
59 Posts
At least on the 2013, Tail and headlights aren't affected by swapping to LED's. It's when you start swapping out blinkers that you get the hyper flashing of the blinkers (Ridiculously fast). There's a setting in forscan that I had to change when I did my blinkers. Forgetting exactly what it was called, but I assume the logic is the same in your newer truck. So, no, if you're just swapping headlights and tail lights/brake lights, you should not need to mess with any settings.
I have a similar story. But the problem is that I don’t remember what I did, alas.
So would be happy to help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts