F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my '12 EB Screw used a month ago and they did not have the code for the keyless entry pad. I went to a Ford dealer and they wanted 60.00 to " hook up a diagnostic computer" to find the code which could take "up to an hour". Did some poking around the intertubes and many folks wth older models had the code either behind the rear seat which had to be dismantled, or on the cpu/fuse block behind the passenger footwell, which was kind of tricky to see without removing another panel. Well, I removed my footwell panel and lo and behold there is a sticker staring me in the face with a 5 digit code and the letter L after it. It was the code, unbelievably, and it worked! I was able to change it to my own code, in a minute.

I'm curious to know if anyone else with a '12 or '13 is able to do the same or has the sticker there also.

Lou

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wow that is interesting. I will have to look when I get off work and let you know.

·
Registered
495 Posts
We got the owners manual with ours (It was a repo) and it still had the card with the code on it in the glove box.
Will know where to look now should we lose it. It is a 2012 btw.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had to do the same thing... The panel was much easier than releasing the rear seat. I had to do this 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
975 Posts
As I understand it, this is the "master code" and does not change even if you change it to your own code. So, someone will always be able to use that master code if needed..

Mitch

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'm deff going to try to find this, bought mine used and the dealer wanted to charge me the 60...no thanks. Hope I can find mine there on a '12

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Did you try this from the other thread:

There is this:
Displaying the Factory Set Code
Note: You will need to have two programmed passive anti-theft keys for
this procedure.
To display the factory set code in the information display:
1. Insert a key into the ignition and turn the ignition on for a few
seconds.
2. Turn the ignition off and remove the key.
3. Insert the second key into the ignition and turn the ignition on.
The factory set code will display for a few seconds.
Note: The code may not display until after any other warning messages
first display.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Bought my '12 EB Screw used a month ago and they did not have the code for the keyless entry pad. I went to a Ford dealer and they wanted 60.00 to " hook up a diagnostic computer" to find the code which could take "up to an hour". Did some poking around the intertubes and many folks wth older models had the code either behind the rear seat which had to be dismantled, or on the cpu/fuse block behind the passenger footwell, which was kind of tricky to see without removing another panel. Well, I removed my footwell panel and lo and behold there is a sticker staring me in the face with a 5 digit code and the letter L after it. It was the code, unbelievably, and it worked! I was able to change it to my own code, in a minute.

I'm curious to know if anyone else with a '12 or '13 is able to do the same or has the sticker there also.

Lou

Big Lou FTW!! Thanks man! That just made my day! I have the code in my paperwork somewhere, but this is still awesome info!!!! Mine is a '13.

·
Registered
1 Posts

There is this:
this procedure.
seconds.
first display.

This worked perfectly for me. Glad I stumbled on this before removing panels.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
This worked perfectly for me. Glad I stumbled on this before removing panels.
I'm glad it worked for you. I hate to see people waste time or money.

·
Registered
1 Posts

There is this:
this procedure.
seconds.
first display.

This was great information, thank you!!! It worked great.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Was in the same boat, purchased used with no code in book. bout 30 seconds on line showed my how to do the double key thing as well as where to find it on the passenger side fuse panel. Charging someone $60 is crappy customer service for a dealer! This should be a freebie just like getting air in your tires at Les Schwab or any other good tire dealer at any time you need it, it's just good business.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Is there a way to disable these buttoms, my kids play with them all the time.
So lets disable the truck instead of teaching the kids to keep their hands off of things they shouldn't touch... and then wonder what the He!! is wrong with America.

·
Registered
608 Posts
So lets disable the truck instead of teaching the kids to keep their hands off of things they shouldn't touch... and then wonder what the He!! is wrong with America.
Ah yes, kids being kids. That's what's wrong with America. That's it, nothing else or more important.

I got it! Ban kids!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
So, they know the code? It will lock out if they try the wrong code enough times.

I do agree with Trailboss to a point here; This could be a teachable moment.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So, they know the code? It will lock out if they try the wrong code enough times.

I do agree with Trailboss to a point here; This could be a teachable moment.
Seems like at some point the kids roles and parents roles have to kick in, I don't know if we need to ban the kids, but they do need to know the meaning of " you probably don't want to mess with Dad's stuff"

Ancient Chinese parable, "no matter how smart you think your monkey is, don't give him your gun"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
22 Participants
John1961
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing