F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Yes stock BOV on the FR intercooler made for 2011-2012 trucks. Super weird.
There is no stock BOV on the FR intercooler. 11/12 use BOVs on the turbos so if you had a BOV on the cooler too than there's an issue.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
There are some instances where too big of a CAC will really cause lag on the bottom end and on off acceleration due to the large volume of the cac and the compressor having to pressurize a larger charge volume .
Sure great but like I said 100s of other people are using this exact CAC with zero issues on stock tunes or custom tunes!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
There is no stock BOV on the FR intercooler. 11/12 use BOVs on the turbos so if you had a BOV on the cooler too than there's an issue.
Correct, i meant I had stock BOV WITH the FR Intercooler that was made for 2011-2012.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
No they aren't it's pretty cut and dry it's the tune or it's a boost leak.
I have been running canned tunes from my SCT tuner. I clicked the FR Intercooler on the tune. And as you can see by the 5 pages on here, I've done as much as I could short of going to the dealer. It must be my truck or a leak in the intercooler.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Did you go back to the stock tune before you pulled the CAC and put the stock on back in? If not then you have no clue if it was the tune or the CAC itself.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Correct, i meant I had stock BOV WITH the FR Intercooler that was made for 2011-2012.
Forgive me, but I'm not understanding the answer about stock BOV with FR intercooler for 2011-2012? Neither year have stock BOV, they're aftermarket direct bolt-ons to each turbo.
I took a look at ordering the FR CAC and there are options for BOV. Which one did you go with?
Screenshot_20191112-085317.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Did you go back to the stock tune before you pulled the CAC and put the stock on back in? If not then you have no clue if it was the tune or the CAC itself.
nope. I changed CAC and kept the FR intercooler tune. MPG still went up. Then I flashed back to OEM CAC in the tune. MPG remained about the same. Mileage to Empty increased by 100

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Forgive me, but I'm not understanding the answer about stock BOV with FR intercooler for 2011-2012? Neither year have stock BOV, they're aftermarket direct bolt-ons to each turbo.
I took a look at ordering the FR CAC and there are options for BOV. Which one did you go with? View attachment 164131

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
It's ok. I have my stock BOV's on my turbo. I have the 2011-2012 Intercooler for my 2011.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts