F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)
Again, the main issue is while under boost. There must be a leak somewhere because under vacuum, my mileage is great. Replacing BOV this week as neither one seats under positive pressure and will report back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Well I bought new Turbosmart BOV’s, installed them and replaced the recirculating tubes for the VTA mod, and tuned the BOV’s. Still no change.

Under ANY sort of vacuum while cruising, in getting 20+ MPG.even -0.85 of boost, I am getting 20.

And under ANY positive pressure, boost, anything above 0, I’m at 15 mpg. I wonder if I’m rich for some reason, if the solenoids aren’t working appropriately, I’m at a loss guys.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
If the subject is gas mileage only, I'm not sure the 20 VS 15 is a measurement result that indicates a problem.

That spread is typical between 0 boost and boost.

The reduced power at WOT is a better indicator of something not being right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Do you have at tuner of some sorts to actually datalog? Curious of what your OAR is and maybe the entire time it’s just horrendous gas. Also less boost doesn’t necessarily mean less power. There are many factors that can contribute to that. Such as temperature.

Going from 20mpg while not under load to 15mpg while under load doesn’t seem out of the ordinary. That seems normal.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Do you have at tuner of some sorts to actually datalog? Curious of what your OAR is and maybe the entire time it’s just horrendous gas. Also less boost doesn’t necessarily mean less power. There are many factors that can contribute to that. Such as temperature.

Going from 20mpg while not under load to 15mpg while under load doesn’t seem out of the ordinary. That seems normal.
I have the livewire but never data logged with it. Can I post it here for your review?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
If the subject is gas mileage only, I'm not sure the 20 VS 15 is a measurement result that indicates a problem.

That spread is typical between 0 boost and boost.

The reduced power at WOT is a better indicator of something not being right.

I am also not getting much sound or air releasing when I let off the gas with these BOV. I tuned them, started off at loosest setting and still very little. My thoughts are that I have a boost leak somewhere in the engine that is also venting boost so these BOV’s don’t have much air to release to compensate.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

If you want, I can do that today. What type of driving or idling do you think would suffice?

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I am also not getting much sound or air releasing when I let off the gas with these BOV. I tuned them, started off at loosest setting and still very little. My thoughts are that I have a boost leak somewhere in the engine that is also venting boost so these BOV’s don’t have much air to release to compensate.
If that was the case the leak wouod have to be between the turbo and throttle body. The BOV’s simply protect the intake tract and turbos from over pressurizing when the throttle body suddenly snaps closed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
If that was the case the leak wouod have to be between the turbo and throttle body. The BOV’s simply protect the intake tract and turbos from over pressurizing when the throttle body suddenly snaps closed.
However, isn’t the determining factor of whether this BOV sees positive pressure from the boost solenoids that control that?

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
However, isn’t the determining factor of whether this BOV sees positive pressure from the boost solenoids that control that?
Positive to hold them shut, negative to open them. If your TB shuts the BOV's should not be getting positive pressure since the manifold is now under vacuum. The solenoids have to reference from somewhere, they cannot make their own positive pressure.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Positive to hold them shut, negative to open them. If your TB shuts the BOV's should not be getting positive pressure since the manifold is now under vacuum. The solenoids have to reference from somewhere, they cannot make their own positive pressure.
So are the solenoids merely conduits and the connection to the manifold is 100% always open? I thought the computer switched the pressure seen at certain times by the BOV?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Attempting to get the datalog but the software keeps crashing on W10

in the meantime, still not able to hold 14-15psi at WOT.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #153

I have the CSV files from the datalog. Not sure How to attach them here. I'll try and PM you

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the livewire but never data logged with it. Can I post it here for your review?
Maaaaaan you definitely gotta datalog with it. Post it here several of us will know what we are looking at.
As far as the procedures go for the leak, I apologize for not getting back with you. Something about my wife taking a baseball bat to me relentlessly while I was recording it and trying to protect my phone just kinda got a little in the way. Had a few days of paperwork and lawyers to meet. I guess 4 felonies: pointing a firearm, 2 counts of domestic assault and battery with a deadly weapon, and 1 count of domestic violence might just end her nursing career and cost her the 2019 GT she just bought. And oh yeah, her freedom....
Other than that everything’s been pretty calm. ??‍♂

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the CSV files from the datalog. Not sure How to attach them here. I'll try and PM you
Well if you’re on a computer it shouldn’t be too tough. Try saving the document as a word, notepad, text, pic, etc and save it on your desktop.
Then, reply to one of these posts and hit the paperclip at the top of the dialogue box. From there you should be able to attach it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Well if you’re on a computer it shouldn’t be too tough. Try saving the document as a word, notepad, text, pic, etc and save it on your desktop.
Then, reply to one of these posts and hit the paperclip at the top of the dialogue box. From there you should be able to attach it.
I hope everything is alright at home and that you’re safe. That’s kind of scary to say the least. SrpRacing and I have been going through all the logs. Right now I am fully stock, my OAR is -0.98 and knock is down to -1. Everything looks as it should but mileage and power are still down.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Maaaaaan you definitely gotta datalog with it. Post it here several of us will know what we are looking at.
As far as the procedures go for the leak, I apologize for not getting back with you. Something about my wife taking a baseball bat to me relentlessly while I was recording it and trying to protect my phone just kinda got a little in the way. Had a few days of paperwork and lawyers to meet. I guess 4 felonies: pointing a firearm, 2 counts of domestic assault and battery with a deadly weapon, and 1 count of domestic violence might just end her nursing career and cost her the 2019 GT she just bought. And oh yeah, her freedom....
Other than that everything’s been pretty calm. ??‍♂
Merry Christmas? ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Happy New Year everyone!

I'm actually getting married today and heading to PR tomorrow for quick honeymoon before the Army wants me back at Ft. Bragg Jan 6.

If anyone has further info that I can use to diagnose my truck issues using MityVac, datalog or changing anything, please let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Congratulations!

And thanks for your service too sir.

141 - 160 of 168 Posts