F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Automotive tire

Stage 3 Motorsports introduces our "Lifetime Tunes" program for the F150 Ecoboost trucks. Simply put: if you buy a tuner from Stage 3 with 5-Star's custom tuning or our custom EcoBoost tunes, you are automatically in our program. We will provide the tunes you purchased as part of your tuner or performance parts package of choice. When it comes to add other performance parts to your truck (down pipes, tntercooler, etc.), we will re-tune your truck for free . If you have purchased custom tuning for your EcoBoost truck from us before, you are automatically grandfathered into the program. It's no secret that we use 5 Star tuning for all of our custom tuning packages, and Mike has provided us with over 500 tunes for EcoBoost trucks and we both have had extremely happy customers, many of whom are on this forum.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

We are able to tune for High Altitude, Heavy towing applications, High Flow Mid Pipes, Off road mid pipes, all intakes, BBK 73mm throttle Body, AFE Charge Pipe, Larger Tires, Gear Ratio Changes, All Cat Back Exhaust Systems, BOV upgrades, intercooler upgrades, and basically any other bolt-on performance part outside of custom nitrous or turbo kits. We offer 87, 89, 91 and 93 octane tuning for basically any application.
Text Line Plot Slope Font

Our Ecoboost Lifetime Tunes are only offered on SCT tuning devices.

Technology Electronic device Battery charger Measuring instrument Tool

2011-2014 F150 Ecoboost SCT Tuner w/ 3 Custom Tunes (5-Star Tuning)

Technology Electronic device Electronics Gauge Measuring instrument

2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost iTSX Tuner with 5-Star Custom Tunes

Technology Electronic device Battery charger Measuring instrument Tool

2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost SCT Performance Livewire Tuner w/ 5-Star Custom Tune

The following custom tunes are available:

• 87 Octane Fuel Economy
  • 91 Octane Fuel Economy
  • 93 Octane Fuel Economy

• 91 Octane Performance Tune
  • 93 Octane Performance Tune

• 87 Octane Towing Tune
  • 91 Octane Towing Tune
  • 93 Octane Towing Tune

Canada Included!

We here at Stage 3 appreciate all of your Canadian customers. What we don't love is charging an arm, a leg, and maybe a kidney for shipping across the imaginary line up North. The good news is that we can ship these SCT custom tuned devices to Canada for the prices seen below. Just call us at 1-877-578-2433 to take advantage of this deal.

SCT's XCAL3 as low as $469 shipped to Canada!
SCT's ITSX as low as $609 shipped to Canada!
SCT's Livewire as low as $649 shipped to Canada!

Attachments

So i guess i dont really understand what this means like you pay for the tunes and the updates and changes are free or what?
If you buy a 5-Star custom tune from us, we'll retune your truck for any future modifications you buy from us.

We'll use you as an example:
Say you get tired of your Edge and want a custom tune. You buy a tuner with a 5-Star custom tune from us and everything is peachy. Then you get your tax return a few months down the road, and you buy downpipes and an intercooler from us. We'll get you a new tune for the downpipes and intercooler for free as part of this program.

If you buy a 5-Star custom tune from us, we'll retune your truck for any future modifications you buy from us.

We'll use you as an example:
Say you get tired of your Edge and want a custom tune. You buy a tuner with a 5-Star custom tune from us and everything is peachy. Then you get your tax return a few months down the road, and you buy downpipes and an intercooler from us. We'll get you a new tune for the downpipes and intercooler for free as part of this program.
If i bought a Full race intercooler from someone else would i have to pay to have the tune modified

If i bought a Full race intercooler from someone else would i have to pay to have the tune modified
Unfortunately, yes. Though if you are looking for something specific that we don't currently have listed on our website, you can always call us directly, and we'll do our best to help you out.

What's the deal with the much talked about "footprint" that tuners leave in the ECU for warranty concerns? I don't want to push my truck to the brink, but I'd like to get all the fuel economy out of it that's possible and of course a second tune for a little added performance on 91 wouldn't be frowned upon... Warranty concerns are primary though for me.

Edited to add: I don't plan on doing any performance mods to it other than maybe a cat back.

What's the deal with the much talked about "footprint" that tuners leave in the ECU for warranty concerns? I don't want to push my truck to the brink, but I'd like to get all the fuel economy out of it that's possible and of course a second tune for a little added performance on 91 wouldn't be frowned upon... Warranty concerns are primary though for me.

Edited to add: I don't plan on doing any performance mods to it other than maybe a cat back.
"Footprint" really just refers to a couple of the methods used by dealerships to see if your truck's PCM has feasibly been reflashed with an aftermarket tune. If you're concerned about your warranty, your best bet is to talk to your service advisor and really stress that you're planning on running fuel economy tunes just to see what they say.

Copy that, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Do I need to have my tunes redone since I added a intercooler after I had my tunes done?

Do I need to have my tunes redone since I added a intercooler after I had my tunes done?
You technically don't "need" a tuning adjustment for an intercooler. However, you will see better performance if 5-Star adjusts your tuning to take the intercooler into account.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.