F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford F150 Platinum Ecoboost
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced both my front and back brake pads at about 50,000 miles. About 10,000 miles later I noticed my front outside pads wearing out completely and damaging the front rotors. When I took them apart I noticed that the out side pads only on both the driver and passenger sides were completely worn out. The inside pads on both looked like they had been barely used. The backs were fine. I changed all the pads and both rotors on the front. I replaced the hardware so that the pads would slide in the house properly. I just took a 2000 mile trip and noticed that the front outside pads on both sides were wearing again. What could be causing this to happen to both the driver and passenger front brakes. The outside pads are wearing so fast and the insides are hardly touched. I cant figure what is going on unless the hardware clips are put in backwards some way and stops the calipers from floating within the housing for the pads. But happening to both sides tells me something is not together correctly. What should I look for? The guide bolts/pins for the calipers are lubricated. The calibers returned easy when the new pads were put on. Pads slid easy within the hardware and housing once assembled. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This has to be something simple that I am missing.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Are these by chance the pads that have bumps/ears at the top to indicate inside vs outside pads?

Are they worn out evenly top to bottom of the pads?

Pictures always help, BTW.

·
Registered
2017 Ford F150 Platinum Ecoboost
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the ones that have bumps on the pads. I checked them out and realized that the are directional in the front and were on incorrect. I fixed this issue and hopefully that solves the problem. Thanks for your response. If this does not fix it I will look at it further and let you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts