F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just got my 2016 and loving it so far.

But I have been having a problem with the front driver side blinker not working. I have tried replacing the bulbs and and it still doesn't want to work sometimes.
I am starting to think the socket is bad, the part #: 9E5Z13411B. I am hoping its just a bad socket and not the wiring.

Has anyone else had to replace the socket before? and if so what where the symptoms of a bad socket?

I just want to make sure I am looking at the right part and hoping I can get some feedback thats its not something else like a fuse or relay or worse like wiring.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
825 Posts
When you removed the bulb and inspected the socket, what did you see? Corrosion? Rusted and broken tabs? Was the wiring going into the socket brittle?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you removed the bulb and inspected the socket, what did you see? Corrosion? Rusted and broken tabs? Was the wiring going into the socket brittle?
Socket looked fine, I didn't see any corrosion. Wires from what I could see seemed fine. Didn't seem brittle or loose.

Even check everything with a multimeter straight from the wiring I'm getting the pulsing signal with the blinker on. So I don't think it's wiring. Every time I take out that socket and reconnect it the blinker seems to work for a little then stops.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
825 Posts
If the tabs are slightly out of shape, that may cause a poor connection. Does the bulb feel loose in the socket while out of the housing?

Take a small control screwdriver and gently adjust the contacts in the socket.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the tabs are slightly out of shape, that may cause a poor connection. Does the bulb feel loose in the socket while out of the housing?

Take a small control screwdriver and gently adjust the contacts in the socket.
The bulb feels pretty snug and takes some effort to remove / insert.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
825 Posts
Yes, there are plastic tabs on both the socket and the bulb that create kind of a "friction lock" to keep it in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts