F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my 2013 EB i get a strange "Clunk" when i reverse and turn. it happens more when im turning at lock or near lock. it never happens otherwise. the clunk is strong enough that i can feel it.. almost like somethings binding up. any ideas? should i worry about it? what do you guys think?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Do you have a cat?
You just won "most random post of the day"....

Clunk could be the rear diff loading and unloading the drive shaft skip yoke...in reverse.
Not sure what it could be on full lock turns.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the clunk also comes from the front end. almost like a CV joint binding. i could be crazy.

and no animal cat, but my truck is bone stock. 5200 miles.

·
Registered
157 Posts
the clunk also comes from the front end. almost like a CV joint binding. i could be crazy. and no animal cat, but my truck is bone stock. 5200 miles.
I would say it's the cv shaft in the front those are more common to go out than a rear diff

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
interesting. ill crawl under there and take a look. would be super weird if its already blown.

·
Registered
157 Posts
interesting. ill crawl under there and take a look. would be super weird if its already blown.
Yeah it would be but it's possible usually Egan there is a clinking with a full turn in reverse I've found cv joints out.... That's just my personal experience I'm not saying I'm correct just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
9 Posts
I get the same clunk with mine when backing out of the driveway. It has a slight incline, so I am going downhill a little and am usually turning the wheel to the right. It sounds like the swaybar or something in the front suspension. It would probably do the same thing when turning the other way too, but I live in a culdesac, so back out the same way each time. I mentioned this to the dealer when I had it in for a list of things, but I am not sure if they actually did anything about it. I have not driven the truck a whole lot since getting it back so I can't really say if they fixed it yet.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I get the same clunk with mine when backing out of the driveway. It has a slight incline, so I am going downhill a little and am usually turning the wheel to the right. It sounds like the swaybar or something in the front suspension. It would probably do the same thing when turning the other way too, but I live in a culdesac, so back out the same way each time. I mentioned this to the dealer when I had it in for a list of things, but I am not sure if they actually did anything about it. I have not driven the truck a whole lot since getting it back so I can't really say if they fixed it yet.
I have the exact same driveway setup and noise. I've ignored it but will mention it before warranty expires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts