F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys so I have a 2012 Ecoboost XLT, and Lately I have been hearing some odd noises that sounds like something cracking or hitting hard inside my right front wheel area, Whenever I back down out of a driveway and turn my sterring wheel to the right, so my Right front tire comes off the driveway last it makes a loud noise, I usually have the wheel turned almost all the way. Not sure what is going on but its scary as hell because my trucks brand new, I know it isnt the wheel hitting because my tires are fine and I dont notice any drivin problems besides this one. If anyone has heard this noise let me know or if you think you know the problem/answer. Sounds like a loud scrape or like Bending im not sure, im taking my truck in soon to get maintenanced so hope they will help. It is only my front right end by the tire. Its pretty loud and sounds like something is just snapping, or metal hitting.

Also my breaks when I back out screech so bad, and only when I have my foot on the break half way, any one else with this issue. Dont know if I need new break pads or its just because of the "Powder" like the Ford guy said months ago.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would say Hi-Octane hit it on the mark with loose pads or caliper which would/could cause both those noise and sounds you are hearing. I wouldn't wait to take it in and get it looked at either way. Please let us know what the dealership finds out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet ill check it out with my pops tonight too! This community is great I'm just the young gun over here still learnin haha.

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine makes the exact same noise during the same situation (backing out over the street curb from me driveway, wheel turned hard left). I haven't had time to get to the dealer yet either, but its definitely on my list to get checked asap.

·
Registered
495 Posts
HA!
Mine has the same front end CRUNCHY-Pop sound. Kinda like a new coil settling in, after replacement!

I took mine in to be checked, but they could only manage the oil change... Still need the front end checked.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would definitely get the joints and the brakes checked. But, from the way that you described it, I would put my vote on the calipers or the brake pads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts