F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to remove the front liscence plate holder and replace it with same trim piece that's on the right side. Front plate not needed in Mi & this would be a lot cleaner looking. I looked it over & can't figure out how the sucker is mounted.
Anyone know how to :cool:

·
Registered
589 Posts
It should be riveted in place for the lic plate bracket. As for the actual trim piece not so sure without looking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AK. I couldt see any way to access behind the normal trim piece from behind or either side. Gotta believe its easier than it appears. I must be missing something obvious

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can order a "license plate delete kit" which has 2 of the same trim pieces. I ordered it off Ebay and it is a factory item shipped by some dealer back east. It was somewhere around $40 which is expensive but it is well worth it when you snap them on and stand back!

·
Registered
152 Posts
You can order a "license plate delete kit" which has 2 of the same trim pieces. I ordered it off Ebay and it is a factory item shipped by some dealer back east. It was somewhere around $40 which is expensive but it is well worth it when you snap them on and stand back!
Thats the ticket for me. Time and energy=$$$ A little more money for an easy fix is worth it too me!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yea, just order the kit. You can get aftermarket online or the OEM version from Ford. You get both sides (which is a waste), but you'll get the piece you need. MUCH cleaner look for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
cobrar97
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing