F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lost MPGs when switching to a drop in K&N filter? I lost more than a half mpg.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,337 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
What engine do you have ?
What results were you expecting when choosing the K&N washable over OEM paper ?
Is it a dry or oiled filter ?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Ditch the K&N. Doing more harm than good. Clean your MAF Censors

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
K&N’s suck. You might as well put a window screen in there. Might filter better.

If you want a filter, get an S&B or AEM

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Y'all coulda at least waited for the answers 🤣

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
For a drop in OEM replacement Performance Air Filter it's hard to beat a AEM Dry Flow Filter. No oiling & or over oiling; no sticky mess, and no fouling of sensors.
AEM.....drop in a sudsey bucket of Water with Dawn Dish Detergent (or whatever brand the other half has laying around-lol) >Dry out>Drop in-Done!
20191030_153428.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
No rinsing required ?
Can it be dried with a heat gun ?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Ark.....sure you can use a heat gun, air compressor, BUT I'm in AZ> just let that bad boy sit outside for like 15min-BAM, ready to go.
Rinse with water>all good!
Screenshot_20200413-194925_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
For a drop in OEM replacement Performance Air Filter it's hard to beat a AEM Dry Flow Filter. No oiling & or over oiling; no sticky mess, and no fouling of sensors.
AEM.....drop in a sudsey bucket of Water with Dawn Dish Detergent (or whatever brand the other half has laying around-lol) >Dry out>Drop in-Done!
View attachment 167611

Does anyone contest this? I'm looking for a new air filter and not looking to do a whole intake setup.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ark.....sure you can use a heat gun, air compressor, BUT I'm in AZ> just let that bad boy sit outside for like 15min-BAM, ready to go.
Rinse with water>all good!

Most excellent 👍🏼

·
Registered
734 Posts
I run the AEM as well. I kept my factory filter and run it while the AEM is drying.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you are not driving with right foot pressed against the firewall then any "improvement" in reduced restriction from the air filter will be met with increased restriction at the throttle plate.

The amount of air (and therefore fuel) is the same to maintain 60 MPH no matter the air filter. If the air filter lets more air pass then the throttle has to be closed so the engine receives the exact same amount of air. Then the miracle of fuel injection makes sure the right amount of fuel is delivered no matter the throttle position.

Place a smear of grease inside the clean side of your airbox sometime. Check back in a week or two and ask yourself if that K&N is worth the grit it lets pass. Also check for K&N filter oil coating the clean side.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Ditch the K&N. Doing more harm than good. Clean your MAF Censors
What MAF sensor is he going to clean since we don't have one?

What sensor is he going to foul on our engine?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts