F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just got my first f150 it’s a 2012 3.5L eco. I’m having a strange issue. I fill my 26 gallon tank all the way up with gas and the gauge will show it’s only 3/4 full. I’ve confirmed multiple times that it is indeed full. The gauge then works fine when it’s comes to showing how much gas I have used but still only shows 3/4 everytime I fill it. I thought it might be the fuel sender but it seems when those stop working the gauge either shows full or empty all the time which isn’t the case. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Did you ever have evaporative purge valve issues? A leaking EPV can create such a strong vacuum in the tank that it temporarily bows inward and bends the sender arm. A symptom of a bad EPV is often stalling or running rough after filling up with fuel.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever have evaporative purge valve issues? A leaking EPV can create such a strong vacuum in the tank that it temporarily bows inward and bends the sender arm. A symptom of a bad EPV is often stalling or running rough after filling up with fuel.
I just got the truck but I don't think thats the case. The car runs really well. None of the symptoms described above.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
It could be possible the truck’s computer is programmed for a 36 gallon tank. I say that because you mention it won’t go over 3/4 of a tank and have confirmed that the tank is full. Coincidentally, the math works out that a 26 gallon tank is nearly 3/4 the size of the 36 gallon tank. I’m not sure exactly how the truck reads fuel level, but I do know that guys who swap to the larger tank and fuel pump assembly have to make some changes using Forscan. Maybe the truck was previously in an accident and the repair shop put in the smaller tank when it originally had the larger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts