F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 3.5L which blew up and I transplanted the engine , BCM and ECM and cluster. The only real issue I am having is my miles or km to empty is always wrong. It always reads too much and drops off very fast. When I am on empty it reaches zero, but when I am full it reads about 1.5 X more than reality will be. I am assuming this is because the truck I took the parts from may have had a larger tank and its calculating things based on that. Is there a menu where I can fix that in, or is this a dealer / fancy scan tool repair?

·
Registered
513 Posts
It is my understanding that you can update this parameter via forscan.

in your case line 720-01-01 should be updated. Leave values in the x positions alone and only change 82 or 81 to match the tank.

xxxx xxxx 82xx for the 36 gallon tank.
xxxx xxxx 81xx for the 26 gallon tank.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, I will have to get that. I already have an old bluetooth ELM 327 OBD2 but it sounds like it won't work and I might have to get a new one.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you are using a laptop, the USB version can be bought for $20 or less. Works for me and zero connection issues.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
keep us updated

·
Registered
513 Posts
The software is free. You just need to register and request a 3 month trial licence to make changes to your truck. The adapter is around $20 to connect to a laptop pc, if you have one. You can request as many 3 month licenses as you need when they expire. No cost for the software. The ELM needs a switch for ms-can and hs-can.

ELM 327 USB

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally received the OBD2 cable in the mail and sure enough reprogrammed to 26 gal tank, and distance remaining dropped down!! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Now you can do all kinds of other mods....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya next I plan to fix my airbag light, but thats proving to be a little harder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts