F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I really am getting more annoyed that my MaxTow EcoBeast has the smaller 26gallon fuel tank.
I am really starting to consider swapping the larger tank into my truck. I know a wrecking yard right near the house has several 11s and 12s on their lot but I believe they are 5.0s or possibly 3.7s. Do the other trucks have the same part number for the fuel tank? How difficult would the swap be? Would the computer need a re flash for the fuel guage to be accurate? Is it just too much $$$ and work to be worth it? Or should I just stick to the Jerry Cans in the bed when we are travelling long distance?

Thanks,

SPPD

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have some information about fuel tanks on this site. I got lucky and mine will be coming with a 36 gallon tank. In brief, with a 5.5 bed your tank options are limited. As far as an in bed tank you cannot get an automatic transfer flow from your in bed tank to your regular tank.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey all,

I really am getting more annoyed that my MaxTow EcoBeast has the smaller 26gallon fuel tank.
I am really starting to consider swapping the larger tank into my truck. I know a wrecking yard right near the house has several 11s and 12s on their lot but I believe they are 5.0s or possibly 3.7s. Do the other trucks have the same part number for the fuel tank? How difficult would the swap be? Would the computer need a re flash for the fuel guage to be accurate? Is it just too much $$$ and work to be worth it? Or should I just stick to the Jerry Cans in the bed when we are travelling long distance?

Thanks,

SPPD
As far as space is concerned there's plenty there I am almost 100% certain I have an FX4 with a 5.5 box also in my truck came with a 36 gallon tank so space is not an issue. I would talk to someone maybe a tech/service guy from a dealer to see if they can reprogram the computer for the correct size of tank other than that I cannot perceive any other differences.
I am not sure if this is an option but have you looked into installing an extra tank in your bed that would automatically replenish your truck's fuel tank it maybe more affordable then swapping your tank over. It may be even less complicated due to the fact that you won't need to redo the computer for the bigger fuel cell. I have been toying with this idea for a little while now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts